This is the first release from the Release 265 family of drivers (versions 265.xx to 269.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.
* Supports the newly released GeForce GTX 580 and GeForce GTX 570 GPUs.
* Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. the latest Release 260 drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
o Up to 7% in Battlefield Bad Company 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 12% in Battleforge (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Very High)
o Up to 11% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 7% in Dirt 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 7% in Far Cry 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 5% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Dark Tower)
o Up to 5% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (SLI – 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 9% in Stone Giant (SLI 1920x1200, DOF on)
o Up to 8% in Unigine Heaven v2.1 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
* Improves performance in Final Fantasy XI on GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs.
* Adds ambient occlusion support for one of the most popular games of the year: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Ambient occlusion improves the quality of lighting, shadows, and depth perception in many parts of the game. Learn more on GeForce.com.
NVIDIA 3D Vision
* With Release 260 and 265 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information on the changes.
* Adds support for 3DVisionLive.com Beta 2:
o Adds supports for 3D photo sharing and viewing
o Adds new 3D video clips to the website
* Improved scaling quality with video streaming content from 3DVisionLive.com over previous 266.35 Beta driver
* Adds 3D Vision Window Mode support for the following games and applications:
+ Crazy Racing Kart Rider
+ Dragon Nest
+ EverQuest 2
+ Guild Wars 2
+ QQ Dance QQ
+ QQ Xian Xia
+ Tian Long Ba Bu
+ World of Warcraft – Burning Crusade
+ World of Warcraft – Wrath of the Lich King
+ Xun Xian
+ Zhu Xian 2
o Google Earth
o Improvements to 3DVisionLive
* Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: Acer GN245HQ, Acer HN274H, Hannstar HS233, I-O Data 3D231XBR, Lenovo L2363dwA, Planar SA2311W
* Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Acer X1261P, Sanyo PDG-DXL2000
* Adds support for new 3D Vision All-in-On PC: ASUS ET2400XVT
* Adds support for new DLP HDTVs: Mitsubishi WD-83838, WD-83738, WD-73838, WD-73837, WD-73738, WD-73638, WD-73C10, WD-65838, WD-65738, WD-65638, WD-65C10, WD-60738, WD-60638, WD-60C10, L75-A91.
* Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
+ Arcania: Gothic 4
+ Crazy Racing Kart Rider 크레이지레이싱 카트라이더
+ Crossfire 穿越火线
+ DC Universe Online
+ Dragon Nest
+ Front Mission Evolved
+ Guild Wars 2
+ Hank Haney's World Golf
+ Lineage 2
+ Medal of Honor (2010) Multiplayer
+ Medal of Honor (2010) Single Player
+ Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
+ NVIDIA Demo: Aliens vs. Triangles
+ NVIDIA Demo Endless City
+ PopKart 跑跑卡丁车
+ QQ Dance QQ 炫舞
+ QQ Xian Xia Zhuan QQ 仙侠传
+ Tian Long Ba Bu 天龙八部
+ TRON: Evolution
+ Vizerra (fullscreen version)
+ World Rally Championship 2010
+ Xun Xian 寻仙
o Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
+ Lost Planet 2 – rating is now changed to Fair
+ Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2- rating has been changed to 3D Vision Ready
o Improved performance for 3-way and 4-way SLI configurations
o Updated 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA Surround game support list. Please visit the 3D Vision Surround web page for a full list of supported games.
o Adds SLI profiles for the following PC games:
+ Alien vs. Triangles Demo
+ Endless City Demo
+ Lionheart: Kings Crusade
+ Moscow Racer: Legends of USSR
+ Rift: Planes of Telara
+ Shaun White Skateboarding
o Enhances SLI profiles for the following PC games:
+ Age of Conan
+ Arcania: Gothic 4
+ Civilization V - DX11
+ Lost Planet 2
+ World Of Warcraft
o Installs HD Audio driver version 18.104.22.168
o Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514
o Supports playing back Blu-ray 3D discs when connecting your GPU to an HDMI 1.4 3D TV. Playback requires compatible software application from CyberLink, ArcSoft, Roxio, or Corel. For GPU and system requirements, visit the NVIDIA Blu-ray 3D website.
o Supports lossless DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD audio bitstreaming support for compatible Blu-ray movies with GeForce GTX 460, GTS 450, and GT 430 GPUs.
o Supports high definition 24-bit, 96 and 192 KHz multi-channel audio sampling rate support for compatible Blu-ray movies with GeForce 400 and 500 series, GT 240, GT 220 and 210 GPUs.
o Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
o Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
o Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
o Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
o Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
o Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
o Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
o Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
o Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
o Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
GeForce 500 series:
GTX 570, GTX 580
GeForce 400 series:
GT 430, GTX 480, GTX 460 SE, GTX 460, GTX 470, GTX 465, GTS 450
GeForce 200 series:
GT 240, GTX 260, GTX 285, G210, GTX 280, 205, GTS 250, GTS 240, GT 230, GTX 275, GT 220, GTX 295, 210
GeForce 100 series:
GT 120, GT 130, G 100, GT 140
GeForce 9 series:
9300 GE, 9400, 9600 GT, 9800 GX2, 9500 GS, 9300, 9500 GT, 9800 GT, 9600 GSO, 9400 GT, 9200, 9800 GTX/GTX+, 9300 GS, 9600 GS, 9100
GeForce 8 series:
8800 GT, 8400, 8600 GT, 8300, 8500 GT, 8800 GTS 512, 8800 GTS, 8800 GS, 8200 / nForce 730a, 8600 GTS, 8100 / nForce 720a, 8800 Ultra, 8400 SE, 8200, 8600 GS, 8300 GS, 8800 GTX, 8400 GS
GeForce 7 series:
7900 GS, 7300 LE, 7500 LE, 7600 GT, 7800 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7300 GS, 7800 SLI, 7950 GX2, 7350 LE, 7600 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i, 7650 GS, 7950 GT, 7800 GTX, 7600 LE, 7900 GTX, 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7100 GS, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7300 GT, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i, 7900 GT/GTO, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7550 LE
GeForce 6 series:
6600, 6500, 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S, 6100, 6200 A-LE, 6800 GT, 6800 GS/XT, 6200SE TurboCache, 6800 Ultra, 6100 nForce 405, 6800 XT, 6250, 6800 LE, 6200, 6150, 6150SE nForce 430, 6700 XL, 6600 LE, 6100 nForce 400, 6200 TurboCache, 6800 XE, 6800 GS, 6600 VE, 6600 GT, 6200 LE, 6150 LE, 6610 XL, 6100 nForce 420, 6800
ION, ION LE
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.