As featured in:
- Did You Know? 14 Strange But True Tech Facts
- How to Replace the Battery in a DualShock 4 Controller
- The Future of Tech: Gaming Consoles, the Xbox and PlayStation of Tomorrow
The PlayStation App introduces fresh features such as voice chat, native PS Store integration, and a smoother experience delivered in an all-new design.
Updated user interface - The first thing you’ll notice is the sleek new user interface of the redesigned PS App. The new home screen lets you quickly see what your friends are playing and access details about your recently played games, including your Trophy List.
Messages integration - For a unified experience, the PS Messages app feature will now be integrated in the updated PS App so you can seamlessly message your friends all in one place. As part of this integration, PS Messages will no longer be available as a standalone app. Your existing messages and threads in PS Messages will be carried over to the updated PS App.
Voice Chat and Party Groups - You can now create party groups from PS App, and voice chat with up to 15 other friends though your mobile phone. Also, a note to fans: the PlayStation team is looking into your feedback around the Parties changes introduced in the PS4 system software update 8.00. There are no updates to share today, but thanks for speaking up about your concerns – we’re listening and evaluating.
Natively integrated PlayStation Store and remote downloads - The new native PS Store experience enables fast and smooth shopping and browsing, with the ability to remotely download games and add-ons directly to your PS4 and PS5.
New features for PS5 - When PS5 arrives, you’ll be able to remotely launch games, manage storage on your console if you run out of space while downloading a game, and quickly sign in to PS5 straight from the PS App.
All the latest PlayStation news - The Explore tab surfaces Official News from game developers and PS Blog content to help you stay up to date with the world of PlayStation.
With PlayStation App, you can:
- See which of your friends are online and what they're playing.
- Receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations.
- Customize your profile.
- View progress and compare trophies.
- Keep up with the latest activities from your friends and profiles you're following.
- Get games and add-ons at PlayStation Store, and push them to your PS4 so they're ready when you get home.
A Sony Entertainment Network account is required to use this app.
A PS4 is required to use some of this app's features.