As part of the
Nvidia Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be
installed on supported Nvidia notebook GPUs. However, please note that your
notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for
your specific notebook on their website. Nvidia recommends that you check with
your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may
not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer
to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration.
Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell
Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first
install this Dell software update.
This is the first WHQL release from the Release 280 family of drivers. You
read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver supports the following Nvidia notebook GPUs (please refer to the
Products Supported tab for exceptions):
- ION notebook GPUs.
- GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M, 400M, and 500M-series notebook GPUs.
- Quadro 5010M, 5000M, 4000M 3000M, 2000M and 1000M notebook GPUs.
- Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or
- Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or
- NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
Nvidia 3D Vision
- With Release 280 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now
included with all GPU driver installations. Users are no longer required to
install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver. This driver
includes the 280.19 3D Vision Controller driver. For more information,
view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- Adds support for viewing 3DVisionLive.com and YouTube 3D with Nvidia SLI
view this knowledgebase article for more information on 3D Vision Window
- Adds support for Window mode for 3D Vision Video Player. This requires
v1.7.2 or higher of the player.
- Adds support for new 3D Vision notebooks: Alienware M17x R3, ASUS
G53SX-3DE, ASUS G73JW-3DE, ASUS G74SW-3DE, ASUS G74SE-3DE, Dell XPS 17
L702x, Lenovo IdeaPad Y570, Toshiba Qosmio X770-3D, Toshiba Qosmio F750-3D,
Toshiba Satellite P755-3D, Toshiba Satellite P750-3D, Toshiba Satellite
P775-3D, Toshiba Satellite P770-3D
- Adds support for new 3D Vision monitors: ViewSonic V3D245
- Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Acer X1111, BenQ W710ST, and
- Added the following
- Alice Madness Returns
- Back to the Future (Episodes 1-5)
- Call of Juarez: The Cartel
- Chuang Shi Xi You (创世西游)
- Dao Jian 2 刀剑2
- The Darkness 2
- Dead Island
- Deep Black
- Dou Zhan Shen 斗战神
- Dragon Ball Online
- Dungeons and Dragons: Online
- Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
- L.A. Noire
- League of Legends 英雄联盟
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
- Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar
- The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
- Might & Magic Heroes VI
- Mount & Blade: Warband
- Mount & Blade: With Fire and Blade
- Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
- Rise of the Immortals
- Rusty Hearts
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- Virtua Tennis 4
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
- Crysis 2 – rating changed to Excellent. Nvidia recommends using the
v1.9 game patch.
- Deep Black – rating change to 3D Vision Ready
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition – convergence changes and
rating changed to 3D Vision Ready
- Installs HD Audio driver version 184.108.40.206
- Installs PhysX
System Software to version 9.10.0514
- Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in
Adobe Creative Suite 5 including
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe
- Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and
download the International driver
This driver will install on the following GPUs with the exception of some
notebooks listed below:
GeForce 500M series:
- GeForce GTX 580M, GeForce GTX 560M, GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GT 550M,
GeForce GT 540M, GeForce GT 525M, GeForce GT 520M, GeForce GT 520MX
GeForce 400M series:
- GTX 485M, GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M , GT 445M, GT 435M, GT 425M, GT
420M, GT 415M, 410M
GeForce 300M series:
- GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, GT 320M, 320M, 315M,
GeForce 200M series:
- GT 230M, GT 240M, G210M, GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTS 250M, GTX 260M, GT
GeForce 100M series:
- G 110M, GT 130M, GTS 160M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M, GT 120M
GeForce 9 series:
GeForce 9M series:
- 9400M G, 9650M GS, 9200M GS, 9500M GS, 9400M GS, 9800M GS, 9300M GS,
9800M GT, 9100M G, 9800M GTS, 9500M G, 9700M GT, 9600M GS, 9650M GT, 9400M,
9300M G, 9800M GTX, 9600M GT, 9700M GTS
GeForce 8M series:
- 8800M GTS, 8600M GT, 8400M GT, 8800M GTX, 8800M GS, 8600M GS, 8700M GT,
8400M GS, 8400M G, 8200M G, 8200M
Quadro FX Notebook series:
- 5010M, 5000M, 4000M, 3000M, 2000M, 1000M, FX 3800M, FX 3700M, FX 360M,
FX 1600M, FX 380M, FX 370M, FX 3600M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 880M, FX 770M,
FX 570M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M
Quadro NVS Notebook series:
- NVS 4200M, NVS 2100M, NVS 5100M, NVS 3100M, NVS 150M, NVS 160M, NVS
140M, NVS 320M, NVS 130M, NVS 135M
ION Notebook series:
- ION (Notebooks) , ION LE (Notebooks)
- Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not
supported by this release.
- The following Sony VAIO notebooks are supported: Sony VAIO F Series with
NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 335M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or
GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time
(please contact Sony for driver support).
- Fujitsu notebooks are not supported by this release (Fujitsu Siemens
notebooks are supported).
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.