OCZ Vertex 4 SATA III SSD Firmware Update 1.4
Updating the firmware from the toolbox is not supported when Windows is running off the drive you are trying to update.
WARNING: This is a Destructive Flash, back up all data on SSD. Proceeding with this update will result in complete loss of data on the SSD.
Toolbox will not update a primary system drive (e.g. drive letter "C:"). You must run Windows from another drive and then update your SSD using Toolbox.
- Enhancement: Increased read performance at low queue depths
- Enhancement: Improved sequential write performance for 128GB and 256GB models
- Enhancement: Increased performance under specific workloads of mixed reads and writes
- Fixed: Improved host compatibility with dated / uncommon BIOS revisions
- Fixed: Improved stability when resuming from S3/S4 on older generation motherboards
- Enhancement: Increased read performance on small file sizes (lower than 4K)
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.