Nvidia GeForce Notebook Graphics Driver 304.79 Beta for Windows Vista/7/8 64-bit
As part of the Nvidia Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported Nvidia notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. Nvidia recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is the second BETA driver from the R304 family of drivers and the first GeForce driver to combine support for Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista into a single driver.
- New SLI Support
- Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- The Secret World - added
- End of Nations - added
- Nexuiz (also provided earlier via Nvidia Update)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (also provided earlier via Nvidia Update)
- Tornado Force - added
- Tribes: Ascend - updated
- Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Key Fixes
- Fixed a compatibity issue with Civilization V and GeForce 400/500 series GPUs.
- Fixed instances of flickering or missing mouse cursor when hardware cursor is enabled (reported with Aion, World of Warcraft, Eve Online and others).
- Fixed instances of very low frame rates in Deus Ex: Human Revolution (DX11).
- Fixed an issue that caused a PC reboot instead of a PC shut down.
- Fixed an issue that led to a black screen after driver installation.
- Power management mode settings now persist across driver overinstalls.
New in R304 Drivers (Introduced previously with 304.48 drivers):
- Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series
GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 301.42 WHQL-certified drivers. Results
will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 680
- Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
- GeForce GTX 560
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 5% in Battlefield 3 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings with SLI
- Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2
- GeForce GTX 680
- Key Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent vsync stuttering issue with GeForce GTX 600-series GPUs.
- Fixes an issue where some manufacturer's factory overclocked cards default to and run at lower clocks.
- Fixes a performance issue in Total War: Shogun 2 with the latest game patch.
- Nvidia SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Spec Ops: The Line
- PlanetSide 2
- F1 2011 – updated profile
- Final Fantasy XIV – updated profile
- Saints Row: The Third – updated profile
- Torchlight II
- Tribes: Ascend
- Nvidia 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare – rated Poor
- Borderlands 2 – updated profile with new convergence settings
- Depth Hunter – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Mass Effect 3 – updated in-game compatibility message and profile to be more compatible with community 3D mods
- Max Payne 3 – updated rating to Excellent and updated in-game compatibility message to inform users to use DirectX 11, disable MSAA and use SSA0.
- Street Fighter X Tekken – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Tiger Woods PGA 12: The Masters – rated Good
- Tribes: Ascend – rated Fair
- The Walking Dead – rating Good
- Other Profile Updates
- Added Nvidia Control Panel antialiasing support for Diablo III
- Added Nvidia Control Panel antialiasing support for L.A. Noire
- Added Nvidia Control Panel antialiasing support for Rayman Origins
- Added Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Disabled FXAA for several Windows programs like Media Player and Movie Maker.
- Nvidia CUDA
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 Preview or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.Nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0604.
- Installs HD Audio v188.8.131.52.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and Nvidia SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
This driver will install on the following GPUs (a few exceptions are noted at the bottom of the page):
- GeForce 600M series
- GeForce GTX 675M, GeForce GTX 670M, GeForce GTX 660M, GeForce GT 650M, GeForce GT 640M LE, GeForce GT 640M, GeForce GT 635M, GeForce GT 630M, GeForce GT 620M, GeForce 610M
- GeForce 500M series
- GeForce GTX 580M, GeForce GTX 570M, GeForce GTX 560M, GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GT 550M, GeForce GT 540M, GeForce GT 525M, GeForce GT 520M, GeForce GT 520MX
- GeForce 400M series
- GTX 485M, GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M , GT 445M, GT 435M, GT 425M, GT 420M, GT 415M, 410M
- GeForce 300M series
- GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, GT 320M, 320M, 315M, 310M, 305M
- GeForce 200M series
- GT 230M, GT 240M, G210M, GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTS 250M, GTX 260M, GT 220M, G210M, G205M
- GeForce 100M series
- G 110M, GT 130M, GTS 160M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M, GT 120M
- GeForce 9M series
- 9400M G, 9650M GS, 9200M GS, 9500M GS, 9400M GS, 9800M GS, 9300M GS, 9800M GT, 9100M G, 9800M GTS, 9500M G, 9700M GT, 9600M GS, 9650M GT, 9400M, 9300M G, 9800M GTX, 9600M GT, 9700M GTS
- GeForce 8M series
- 8800M GTS, 8600M GT, 8400M GT, 8800M GTX, 8800M GS, 8600M GS, 8700M GT, 8400M GS, 8400M G, 8200M G, 8200M
- Quadro FX Notebook series
- 5010M, 5000M, 4000M, 3000M, 2000M, 1000M, FX 3800M, FX 3700M, FX 360M, FX 1600M, FX 380M, FX 370M, FX 3600M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 880M, FX 770M, FX 570M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M
- Quadro NVS Notebook series
- NVS 5400M, NVS 5200M, NVS 4200M, NVS 2100M, NVS 5100M, NVS 3100M, NVS 150M, NVS 160M, NVS 140M, NVS 320M, NVS 130M, NVS 135M
- ION Notebook series
- ION (Notebooks) , ION LE (Notebooks)
- Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported (NVIDIA Optimus technology is supported).
- The following Sony VAIO notebooks are included in the Verde notebook program: Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not included (please contact Sony for driver support).
- Fujitsu notebooks are not included (Fujitsu Siemens notebooks are included).
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.