Intel HD Graphics WHQL Driver 184.108.40.206.2932 for Windows 8 64-bit
This software driver package will install the WHQL graphics driver for the Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 & Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500 for Windows 8 Release Preview. Microsoft Windows 8 Release Preview operating system, 32-bit and 64-bit versions. This driver has been tested with Windows 8 Release Preview OS Build 8400.
- 3rd Generation Intel Core Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 2500
- 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 and 2000
- Intel Pentium Processor 900 Series Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Pentium Processor B900 Series Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Pentium Processor G600 Series Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Pentium Processor G800 Series Intel HD Graphics
- 1st Generation Intel Core Processor Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Pentium Processor G6000 Series Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Pentium Mobile Processor U5000 Series Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Pentium Mobile Processor P6000 Series Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Celeron Mobile Processor U3000 Series Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Celeron Mobile Processor P4000 Series Intel HD Graphics
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processors Intel GMA 4500 Series
- Full WDDM 1.2 including support for:
- Optimized, flicker-free screen rotation
- Native stere3D
- Integrated DirectX 11 based video playback that enables simultaneous 3D and videcontent
- Improved performance optimizations for system and user-interface responsiveness
- Reliability and fault-tolerance features
- DirectX 11
- 3 independent digital display support with 3rd Generation Intel Core™ processors
- DisplayPort 1.1 support up 2560x1600@60Hz
- HDMI support with 3D, Deep Color, x.v.Color
- Intel Built-in Visuals with:Intel Quick Sync Video
- Intel HD Graphics
- InTru™ 3D
- Intel Clear VideoHD Technology
- Intel Insider
Note: Intel Wireless Display is not supported in this driver.
The following issues were fixed since the previous version of the graphics driver (version 220.127.116.1170 and 18.104.22.16870)
- Video Playback
- Windows Media Player application: The video brightness does not increase/decrease while another video is playing in another application.
- Playing certain YouTube video clips in Full Screen or Large player mode does not cause Microsoft Internet Explorer tstop working anymore.
- Media Center now correctly shows the video on the second monitor when the display is set to clone mode.
- Video Playback from Windows8 Metro interface now correctly resumes when system comes out of sleep state.
- Eliminated a video corruption that appeared in some playback cases with Windows Media Player.
- Eliminated flicker that occurred when playing certain interlaced content.
- Video Playback in Metro does not crash for certain online videos anymore.
- Note: This is Win8 Release Preview Operating System and performance with this driver may vary from other similar platforms with Windows 7 OS. Certain games are fixed in later versions of Win8 OS that may not be available to end users yet. Final production version of Windows 8 may have different performance.
- Fixed the following minor artifacts seen in the games:
- Crysis Warhead game: A water-like haze is longer seen among buildings.
- Crysis game: The water surface is longer displayed overhead when not underwater.
- Bulletstorm game does not exhibit minor corruption anymore when anti-aliasing is enabled.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic version 1.2: Particle Effects are now rendered when Bloom is enabled and Shader Complexity Anti-Aliasing are set High.
- Counter-Strike: Nmore corruption observed in the main menu when MSAA is turned on.
- Total War: Shogun 2: Corruption in Benchmark mode now fixed.
- Aliens vs. Predator: Cloaking effect now works properly.
- Fixed the crashes in the following games:
- Hard Reset does not crash after start.
- Lost Planet 2 does not crash during start time and report “Lost Planet has stopped working” anymore.
- Display Configuration shown in Windows now matches with that shown in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel
- Multiple minor bugs in control panel were fixed.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: