AMD Catalyst Display Driver 12.11 Beta 11 for Linux
AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 is now available, and includes the following updates:
- (Please note that AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta11 includes all of the fixes found in previous versions of AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta)
- Improves performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)
- Resolves a sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
- Resolves an intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in a CrossFire Eyefinity setup.
- Resolves image corruption found in certain DirectX 9.0c titles
- Resolve missing fonts issue in XBMC
- Resolves no video issue found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
- Resolves stability issues found in the previous AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta8 driver for Linux
- For users experiencing issues with HDMI Audio under Ubuntu 12.04, users should try installing the “dkms-hda - 0.201211291615~precise1” package from https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/alsa-daily/+packages and reboot; this will resolve the HDMI Audio issue found in Ubuntu 12.04
- AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 has just been released, and should be used in conjunction with AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta11
- Improves Far Cry 3 performance for single GPU configurations with AA enabled
Performance Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 8:
- Improves performance up to 5% in Max Payne 3
- Includes single GPU performance updates for Far Cry 3
- Improves CrossFire scaling for Planetside 2 (Crossfire scaling is still limited to ~30% at 2560x1600)
- Resolves the Skyrim lighting issue (missing a lighting pass) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
- Resolves the hang encountered playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 8 for Linux includes significant performance improvements for Left for Dead 2
Please note that AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta8 includes all of the fixes found in previous versions of AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta
Performance Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 7:
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2: AMD CrossFire performance has been improved in the AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta7 release (especially at higher resolutions – such as 2560x1600)
Performance Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 6:
- AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta6 resolves the issue with engine and memory clocks running too high when the GPU is idle. Clocks will now run at the proper level when the GPU is idle. This issue was only observed with specific displays and was observed in the AMD Catalyst 12.11Beta 4 and AMD Catalyst 12.10 drivers.
Performance Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.11:
This driver introduces significant performance improvements for many games across ALL 28nm AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series products: HD 7700, HD7800 and HD7900.
- 10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
- More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)
- Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
- Up to 10% more performance in DIRT Showdown
- Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
- Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
- Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2
Resolved issue highlights of AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta Driver:
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter; AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta4 resolves an application crash found when running in AMD CrossFire mode with Anti-Aliasing enabled (This issue was observed in the AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta3; The AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta4 has replaced the AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta3 driver that was posted Oct 22 2012).
- Resolves performance issues (where GPU activity runs at lower values than expected) seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870.
- AMD Catalyst Mobility 7970M performance for AMD Enduro™ Technology supported platforms has been substantially improved for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications. An updated driver for 7970M users featuring AMD Enduro™ Technology with additional DirectX 9 performance improvements will be released soon.
- 3DMark Vantage – Up to 15%
- 3DMark 11 – Up to 12%
- AvP – Up to 11%
- Battlefield 3 – Up to 25%
- Crysis 2: Up to 45%
- DiRT Showdown – Up to 62%
- ETQW – Up to 8%
- Hard Reset – Up to 8%
- Just Cause 2 – Up to 90%
- The Chronicles of Riddick – Up to 4%
- Shogun 2 – Up to 56%
- Sniper Elite V2 – Up to 60%
- Tom Clancy’s HAWX – Up to 56%
- Unigine Heaven – Up to 33%
- Wolfenstein – Up to 9%
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.