ATI Catalyst Radeon Display Driver 4.5 (Windows 2000/XP)
User Defined Component Video Modes
The CATALYST™ 4.5 driver provides a new interface that allows users to define the optimized modes for their HDTV's. This allows for images to be properly centered on their HDTV. The interface allows users specify a mode through a test window. Once the user saves this information, it will be saved as a user defined preference.
Extended Display Identification Data Enhancement
The CATALYST™ 4.5 driver provides Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) detection every time a new device is detected. The driver will validate and add each detailed timing mode detected to the mode table.
The CATALYST™ software suite is designed to support the following ATI integrated product family:
RADEON™ IGP 320
RADEON™ IGP 330
RADEON™ IGP 340
RADEON™ 9000 IGP
RADEON™ 9100 IGP
Resolved Game Issues
This section provides information on game issues that have been resolved in the latest release of CATALYST™. These include the following:
* Playing the game Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps with the game resolution set to 1600x1200 and the desktop display set to 1024x768 32bpp along with Anti-Aliasing set to 4x no longer results in flashing and or corrupt shadows
* The game Prince of Persia: Sands of Time no longer fails to play under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9100 or 8500 series product installed
* Setting the graphics quality to anything higher than Fastest in the game Virtual Skipper 3 no longer results in the operating system failing to respond when the game menu loads
* Playing the game Nascar 2003 with the display resolution set to 1280x1024 32bpp no longer results in display corruption being seen
* Texture corruption is no longer seen when playing the game Second Life under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9800 or 9700 series card installed
* Textures are no longer missing when moving the mouse around to change the camera angle in the game Joan of Arc
* Intermittent display corruption noticed on the players image with in the game Madden NFL 2004 is now resolved
* Playing the game Homeworld 2 under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9500 series, 9600 XT, or 9700 series no longer results in the game failing to respond when the shadow option within the game is selected
* Missing polygons on the satellite within the main menu is now resolved in the game Hegemonia
* A performance decrease is no longer noticed when setting the game option to Perfect in the game IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.