Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2/Audigy 2 ZS
This update combines the features and fixes of two previous updates:
- EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Patch Update for Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS (released on 29 March 2004)
- EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Update for Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2/Audigy 2 ZS (released on 19 November 2003)
In addition, this update includes a new fix for your Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 or Audigy 2 ZS series audio card. Note that this fix is not critical so you can choose not to install this update.
- Resolves the system stall issue that is encountered when you disconnect the phone cable from your modem while establishing a dial-up Internet connection.
- Microsoft® Windows XP SP1, Windows 2000 SP3, Windows Millennium Edition or Windows 98 Second Edition.
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS series audio card (with or without previous drivers and updates installed).
- You can install this update in place of the following updates:
- EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Update for Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2/Audigy 2 ZS (released on 19 Nov 2003)
- EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Patch Update for Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS (released on 29 Mar 2004)
- This update is for all Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series audio cards, which include the Platinum, Platinum eX, Platinum Pro, Digital Audio and Gamer versions.
- This update is not meant for original Audigy series audio cards.
- This update is not meant for USB Audigy 2 NX or other external Sound Blaster audio products.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.