ATI Catalyst Radeon 6.9 (Windows XP/2000/Media Center)
This particular software suite updates both the ATI Display Driver (version 8.291), and the Catalyst® Control Center (version 6.9). This unified driver has been further enhanced to provide the highest level of power, performance, and reliability. The ATI Catalyst® software suite is the ultimate in performance and stability.
The Catalyst® Control Center requires that the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 or 2.0 be installed. Without .NET version 1.1 or 2.0 installed, the Catalyst® Control Center will not launch properly and the user will see an error message.
The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:
* Radeon® X1900 series
* Radeon® X1800 series
* Radeon® X1600 series
* Radeon® X1300 series
* Radeon® X850 series
* Radeon® X800 series
* Radeon® X700 series
* Radeon® X600 series
* Radeon® X550 series
* Radeon® X300 series
* Radeon® 9800 series
* Radeon® 9700 series
* Radeon® 9600 series
* Radeon® 9500 series
ATI Chipset Product Support
The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI chipset products:
* Radeon® Xpress X1150 series
* Radeon® Xpress 200 series (for both Intel and AMD Processors)
Operating systems supported
The latest version of the Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
* Windows XP Professional
* Windows XP Home Edition
* Windows XP Media Center Edition (graphics driver support only)
This release of Catalyst® introduces CrossFire™ support for the Intel 965 Chipset. This feature is available for D3D applications, and is supported on ATI Radeon® X1900 CrossFire™ edition products. This feature is supported under the Windows XP operating system.
As with most Catalyst® releases, performance has increased in various situations.
* 3DMark2006 overall performance improves 6.7-23.7% with anti-aliasing enabled due to improvements in HyperZ efficiency on the Radeon® X1300, X1600 and X1800 series of products. The largest gains can be seen on Crossfire™ configurations and/or 256MB card configurations at resolutions of 1280x1024 or greater
* Doom3 performances improves up to 9.3% due to further OpenGL shader complier and transform engine optimizations on the entire Radeon® X1000 Series of products. The largest gains can be seen on Radeon® X1900 configurations at resolutions of 1600x1200 or higher
To read the complete release notes please go to: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_69_release_notes.html
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.