This particular software suite updates both the ATI Display Driver (version 8.291), and the Catalyst® Control Center (version 6.9). This unified driver has been further enhanced to provide the highest level of power, performance, and reliability. The ATI Catalyst® software suite is the ultimate in performance and stability.
The Catalyst® Control Center requires that the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 or 2.0 be installed. Without .NET version 1.1 or 2.0 installed, the Catalyst® Control Center will not launch properly and the user will see an error message.
The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:
* Radeon® X1900 series
* Radeon® X1800 series
* Radeon® X1600 series
* Radeon® X1300 series
* Radeon® X850 series
* Radeon® X800 series
* Radeon® X700 series
* Radeon® X600 series
* Radeon® X550 series
* Radeon® X300 series
* Radeon® 9800 series
* Radeon® 9700 series
* Radeon® 9600 series
* Radeon® 9500 series
ATI Chipset Product Support
The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI chipset products:
* Radeon® Xpress X1150 series
* Radeon® Xpress 200 series (for both Intel and AMD Processors)
Operating systems supported
The latest version of the Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
* Windows XP Professional
* Windows XP Home Edition
* Windows XP Media Center Edition (graphics driver support only)
This release of Catalyst® introduces CrossFire™ support for the Intel 965 Chipset. This feature is available for D3D applications, and is supported on ATI Radeon® X1900 CrossFire™ edition products. This feature is supported under the Windows XP operating system.
As with most Catalyst® releases, performance has increased in various situations.
* 3DMark2006 overall performance improves 6.7-23.7% with anti-aliasing enabled due to improvements in HyperZ efficiency on the Radeon® X1300, X1600 and X1800 series of products. The largest gains can be seen on Crossfire™ configurations and/or 256MB card configurations at resolutions of 1280x1024 or greater
* Doom3 performances improves up to 9.3% due to further OpenGL shader complier and transform engine optimizations on the entire Radeon® X1000 Series of products. The largest gains can be seen on Radeon® X1900 configurations at resolutions of 1600x1200 or higher
To read the complete release notes please go to: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_69_release_notes.html
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: