This particular software suite updates both the AMD Display Driver, and the Catalyst™ Control Center. This unified driver has been further enhanced to provide the highest level of power, performance, and reliability. The AMD Catalyst™ software suite is the ultimate in performance and stability.
This release of Catalyst™ introduces the following new features:
* DirectX 10 driver support for the Radeon™ HD 2900 XT (single card and CrossFire™ configurations) for Windows Vista
* Second Generation ATI Theater™ 650
DirectX 10 driver support for the Radeon™ HD 2900 XT (single card and CrossFire™ configurations) for Windows Vista
This release of Catalyst™ introduces the ATI DirectX 10 driver for the Radeon™ HD 2900 XT, for both single cards and CrossFire™ configurations. The ATI DirectX 10 driver used in combination with the Radeon™ HD 2900 XT (and an application designed to take advantage of the power of the DirectX 10 API) delivers incredible graphics effects never seen before on the PC.
Second Generation ATI Theater™ 650
This release of Catalyst™ introduces the second generation ATI Theater™ 650. This product will provide support for the new MCE 2006 requirements such as DRM support. Further, it will include features to support ATI All-In-Wonder products. It will also provide improved TV quality and Broadcast Flag support which enables full US terrestrial DTV support.
OpenGL performance is improved on the ATI Radeon™ X1950 XTX at high resolutions (1920x1200 or greater) with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled. Doom 3 and Quake 4 improves as much as 13-18%, and Prey improves at least 15.6%. The ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro and X1650 XT also sees improvements in Doom 3 and Quake 4 of up to 14.1% at higher resolutions with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
* Call of Duty: An error message no longer appears when task switching between the game and the Windows desktop. This issue may also be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26750
* Just Cause: The game no longer fails to run cinematic at 1600x1200 game resolution on ATI Radeon™ X1200/1250/1270 series of products. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27093
* Installing an ATI Radeon™ X1900 CrossFire™ Master and X1900 slave under Windows XP no longer results in AA settings failing to be retained when rebooting the system. This issue may also be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25808
* Uninstalling the graphics drivers no longer results in some of the files and folder failing to be removed in the Program File folder. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23715
* When operated from the Start Menu->All Programs->Catalyst™ Control Center, the Catalyst™ Control Center no longer fails to display the expected choices Catalyst™ Control Center->Wizard and Catalyst™ Control Center->Advanced on some hardware configurations. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27096
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: