- Comcast Corporation, the US' largest cable company has reached a settlement with the Federal Communications Commission, agreeing to pay a "voluntary contribution" of $800,000 to the US Treasury and to continue offering a reasonably priced, stand-alone high-speed internet service for…
- Citing individuals "familiar with the matter", the Wall Street Journal claims the Department of Justice is investigating Comcast for possible anti-trust violations. The DoJ has reportedly spoken to Netflix, Hulu, Comcast and others so far during their investigation. Comcast has been…
- The UK's Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), tasked with the enforcement of the Data Protection Act, has confirmed it's reviewing the recently published report by its American counterpart, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in order to decide whether further action needs…
Comcast network and operations VP, Tony Werner, has responded to Minnesota senator Al Franken's request to investigate the company for questionable net neutrality practices. According to Werner, Comcast is not prioritizing Xfinity traffic -- the company's IP television service...
- The Federal Communications Commission has launched a website designed to educate consumers regarding unexpected mobile phone charges collectively referred to as bill shock. The website keeps track of which major US carriers alert their customers as they approach thresholds that…
- The Federal Communications Commission has released information regarding a new strategy to increase broadband proliferation amongst low-income families. The commission has labeled the initiative "Connect to Compete" and has billed it as the largest effort ever to shrink the digital…
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.