10+ Games Guaranteed to Spike Your Adrenaline

If you think that Gran Turismo is a racing sim, then you guys have a lot to learn.

Gran Turismo is not even close to a sim, a game, sure, but a sim, not a chance.

You want the most realistic sim then its iRacing. Heck even rFactor2 is more of a sim then Gran Turismo.
Might want to do a little bit better research in the future

If you think that Gran Turismo is a racing sim, then you guys have a lot to learn.

You want the most realistic sim then its iRacing. Heck even rFactor2 is more of a sim then Gran Turismo.

The writers on this website are big sony fans, that's why.

If you are comparing it with ac, acc, or rfactor yes, it's not a sim. But have in mind the most played racing games are mario kart, nfs and things like that, so in comparison gts fall under sim more. Don't be so rude about it when the whole community has moved from physics go brr to we want to have nices races in a RACING game

Honestly, playing games competitevely like CSGO will do it like nothing else. Dark Souls boss fights can be pretty intense. I'm not a fan of horror games and racing games are definetely not adrenalin inducing for me.

It does have man SIM like elements so I wouldn't shoot it down so hard, but your point is taken.

Nothing beats Alien Isolation and Dead Space when it comes to adrenaline spikes. To me most horror games aren't scary at all and I don't really get immersed in them, but Alien Isolation is one of the few I'd call truly scary. When I played Alien Isolation I had to stop and quit sometimes because I was getting too panicky.

Dead Space is more action horror than survival horror, but also has lots of very tense moments.

The Souls games I disagree, boss fights sure, most are tense, but outside of boss fights these games tend to be comfy instead of adrenalin inducing.

What's not in the list and should be at #1 is Silent Hill 2. It was a survival horror game but it was much more than that which is why it has its legendary status. Silent Hill 2 was designed to wage psychological warfare against the user and it was armed to the teeth in that respect. Adrenaline spikes are just the tip of the iceberg with Silent Hill 2 because just the atmosphere already had your adrenaline levels raised. Then when something happened, it was more like an adrenaline explosion (along with whatever other negative mood-altering hormonal responses it was able to elicit).

That game could do more than scare you, it could scar you. I've never seen or heard of another game that I would actually refer to as psychologically dangerous like Silent Hill 2 was. Thinking about it can still give me chills to this day. No other game (or movie for that matter) can do that to me. Silent Hill 2 is in a class all by itself.

Last edited:
What's not in the list and should be at #1 is Silent Hill 2. It was a survival horror game but it was much more than that which is why it has its legendary status. Silent Hill 2 was designed to wage psychological warfare against the user and it was armed to the teeth in that respect. Adrenaline spikes are just the tip of the iceberg with Silent Hill 2 because just the atmosphere already had your adrenaline levels raised. Then when something happened, it was more like an adrenaline explosion (along with whatever other negative mood-altering hormonal responses it was able to elicit).

That game could do more than scare you, it could scar you. I've never seen or heard of another game that I would actually refer to as psychologically dangerous like Silent Hill 2 was. Thinking about it can still give me chills to this day. No other game (or movie for that matter) can do that to me. Silent Hill 2 is in a class all by itself.
Yes. I cannot recall if it was 1 or 2, but the demon babies or whatever. So creepy and disturbing.

Yes. I cannot recall if it was 1 or 2, but the demon babies or whatever. So creepy and disturbing.
I can't recall if SH2 had demon babies but it did have the skin-sac zombies, those female lower-half mannequins fused with other female lower-half mannequins and of course, Pyramid-Head.

One thing that people overlook with games like this is the cinematics. The cinematic cut-scenes in Silent Hill 2 were where the coup-des-graces when it comes to psychological assault are found.

After playing for awhile and having your psyche already affected by the gameplay, Silent Hill 2 hits you with a cinematic. I'll never forget the scene in which John's wife Mary has terminal cancer and John's visiting her, hearing her crying and telling John to go away because she feels ugly and doesn't want him to see her like this.

That cut-scene hit me like a gut-punch from Earnie Shavers. It demonstrated, in nightmarish fashion, the devastating end-result of true love. In this way, the game demonstrated the ultimate futility of everything that we as humans hold dear. It showed that no matter what you do or how you do it, your future will ultimately be nothing but emotional agony. There is no way around this and it WILL come to pass.

The true horror of Silent Hill 2, what makes it so brilliant (and so psychologically dangerous) is that, if you understand the nightmarish message that it's trying to convey (and it's very well-hidden), you cannot get away from it by turning the game off. What Silent Hill 2 does is smack you in the face with perhaps the most horrific aspect of being human, the understanding of the concept of inevitability.

Now THAT is a rabbit-hole because as deep as this already is, I could go far deeper just on this from an existential perspective. That is the true genius of Silent Hill 2.

Back