22" LCD Optimal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_pavon

Greetings Tech Spot Members and readers,

I want to replace my current 22" Acer V223w I got almost 2 months ago because I am a little disappointed with the purchase, simply the monitor does not have the kick and crispness I was expecting for.

Today we have a new option to choose from, the HD 1080 lcd monitors and I find myself undecided on which way to go. I am an occasional gamer (6-8 hrs a week according to season) and I watch a lot of movies and tv on the monitor from my PC. I know the HD 1080 options have 0.248mm pixel pitch but I'm not sure if that is really good for gaming or regular office and pc usage.

Also, I'm confused about the 1080 resolution... will that be a benefit for gaming as well as movies or might turn into a compatibility problem?

Could anyone give me some advice on which way to go and help me decide from the options below?
ASUS VH222H
ASUS VH226H
ASUS VW224U
SAMSUNG 2253BW

It would be good to mention that I dont currently own an hd dvd player, but I do own a nintendo wii. Not going over US$230.00 is also a must!

Thanks in advance!

Well, the problem with the last 2 you linked is they aren't full HD. So if you ever do get a Bluray drive or download full HD stuff you'll not be able to take full advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back