256mb nVidia 7300GT Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledgus

Anyone know how to overclock a nVidia 7300GT graphics card?
Ive tried downloading tools from nVidia, but they didnt work. Can u do anything in bios?

you cannot overclock a video card from the mobo's bios, you can try using Atitool or RivaTuner or flash the video card's firmware.

eazy_duz_em said:
you cannot overclock a video card from the mobo's bios, you can try using Atitool or RivaTuner or flash the video card's firmware.

hmm i've tried Rivatuner, but it didnt work.. how do i flash the video cards firmware? and is it safe?

finally got rivatuner to work. Bumped the core clock up to 602Mhz, couldnt do a great deal with the memory clock tho, only managed to get it up to 370Mhz from 350 :S

My 3dmark 06 score went up nearly 500 points as a result :D

I have an 8800gts and was wondering how to do this as well. And how would ATI tool work with a nVidia card? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey. I think Atitool is a part of Riva Tuner. You can overclock both nVidia and ATI cards. Download Rivatuner 2.0 and check it out. Hope this helps

BTW CMH, that OC guide was awesome. It basically answers anwers any questions anyone may have. Ill definitely be using that when I go to OC my E6600

7300gt

sledgus said:
finally got rivatuner to work. Bumped the core clock up to 602Mhz, couldnt do a great deal with the memory clock tho, only managed to get it up to 370Mhz from 350 :S

My 3dmark 06 score went up nearly 500 points as a result :D

Hi - I am being really thick but I have the same graphics card and I just dont understand what I need to do or change to do anything with that rivatuner package? what exactly did you change and to what setting to make a difference?

Thanks

thats why I posted the question about already having Riva-Tuner and not being able to know where to start with it. I am running Vista and from doing some research on the net, it appears that the Riva Package does not like using Vista as there is some issues with the Nvidia graphics driver that vista uses. Anyone tried with Vista and also if so and its works - would someone be able to tell me what I need to do as I just cant get my head around where to start?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back