3 beeps on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok in the past little while every so often my computer starts up and starts beeping at me with a black screen. thats the problem. but i read that it may be loose RAM so i took them out and nothing next i took out the graphic card and put it back in and it worked. but now i start it and that beeping happens and i remove the graphic card and put it back in but the beeping continues....so i do it again still beeping.

thats the problem. but the confuzzing part is, is that my computer worked fine 7 hours eariler......so if you guys know anything i could use the help

This may even be dust near your Ram cards, or in the channels themselves.

Adhering to all AntiStaic precautions (usually in your computer's manual)
I would remoove the Ram cards again (and possible the Video card)
Then remove all dust (either by high preasure air, or a vacuum cleaner)
You can also physically turn it upside down, and allow any debri to fall out

Insert the Ram securely (click click)
And test again

i think my bios is phoenix but im not to sure and ill try that cleaning out the dust thing but i just need to get some compressed air sooo.......

ok u guys can stop what your doin i figured it out

though i dont knwo y i did all i did was reinstall the card and for some reason took out the game that was in the disk drive and it worked ?!?!?!?! but ya it works now

Well like the beep code suggested, 1 Long, 2 Short Video adapter failure Bad video adapter. You graphics card may have just been not inserted correctly or needed adjustment. Glad to hear Its working ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back