360 to PC with HDMI

I searched, a lot.

I recently got Asus all-in-one pc. It was meant as a second family pc but the picture is so awesome i decided to try and connect my 360 to it.

The pc has input and output ports for hdmi and my 360 has the hdmi out port.

Simple right? I connected the two with an hdmi cable but windows doesn't recognize the 360 device. I figure there must be a setting that will allow the pc to display a picture from the 360, I'm just not sure what setting.

Side note, the pc has a built in speaker but I have a Klipsch speaker set connected threw the headphone jack. Also, the hdmi cable is new so it does A/V.

The pc has input and output ports for hdmi and my 360 has the hdmi out port.
the 360 hdmi goes to a TV ==>
the PC goes to the 360 via ethernet

so it looks like
pc -- ethernet -- 360 ==hdmi==> TV

or better still
Code:
  router 
    |
    +---- PC
    |
    +----- 360 ===hdmi==> TV

Thanks for the reply.

What I'm trying to do is use the all-in-one pc for a monitor. I've had my 360 connected the way you described for streaming media from pc to 360 to tv. That worked.

I have an hdmi (both ends) cable and an ethernet cable plugged into my 360 and directly into the ports on the back of the all-in-one pc. For some reason, the pc doesn't recognize the 360 as a device. It makes no sense to me. :eek:

i would need the exact model to be more sure but here it goes. put ur xbox in the hdmi input port and then press the mode button to switch to HDMI (In)

Back