403 forbidden message

ingeborgdot

I just tried to get into my ISY99 which is a lighting control hrough my dyndns account. I got a 403 forbidden message. I have never seen this before and don't know how to fix it. Anyone care to help? Thanks.

I just tried to get into my ISY99 which is a lighting control hrough my dyndns account. I got a 403 forbidden message. I have never seen this before and don't know how to fix it. Anyone care to help? Thanks.
You are looking at a web server http error code for permissions. The server admin has set
the configuration to disallow access to a directory (eg: fooDomain.com/thisDir/ ) when infact the propert access should have been the default file for that dir (eg: fooDomain.com/thisDir/index.html) or any other file of the admin's choice as in index.php, thisfile.shtml, othefile.pl

Denial for directory access is very common but usually allowed for FTP servers.

The 403 is not an error from your PC or browser, but rather your choice of URLs or improper login to the target website.

I believe you - - there are only two choices for this condition
a) you've been hijacked and are suffering from a URL redirection
b) the site admin made a mistake and you are a victim of it.

Your getting this right...

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

What are you trying to access.. Look at your even logs on your router or system. I know when this comes up it's the browser not handling DNS. Sometimes it could be another issue with the host on the other end of the pipe. If you run your own web server what reports does it show? Are you giving the right permissions to each system on your network or users?

It is MY isy99. I have not changed anything. My other things still work with no problem.
Like issy99 is meaningful to the rest of us?

I surmise isy99 is your DynDNS name and that only leads to your PUBLIC IP address.

Access then needs
a) port forwarding to the static IP address of the system containing the data
b) andf file sharing setup+password access.

did you create a static IP address for your system?
did you change a user.password?

An isy99 can be found at smarthome.com. It is a device that you can control your lights, sensors, sprinklers etc. remotely and when you are away. If you go to smarthome you can see what I am talking about.

X10 setup I have Radio Shack version but your not able access the web version on what OS are you running? Are you trying to access this outside your network or local. On the router have you setup remote access.

I have tried it on and off but that does nothing for it.
Vista, XP, and W7.
Yes, trying to access through a browser.

Did you open the ports needed on both ends.

Are you using this below:

QSG_Rear_Panel.png

Did this work prior to your issue with a browser? If yes what has change since this issue?

What happen? Surge of power? What has change lately. That's what you need to figure out. We can only go by what you tell us. You must have some sort of idea what happen. Trace your steps. You already have confirmed it has worked prior and now it won't? What have you changed since then?

That's the hardest thing to explain. Nothing that I know of. That's why I am at such a loss. No one seems to know what this is.

Have you done any Java updates.The manual sales that you need JRE 1.6. What version do you have on your computer. Had a website where you could only use a certain version of Java. It would give a error if this version would change.

Here are the two warnings that come up before this happened.

Attachments

• Capture copy.jpg
    Capture copy.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture2 copy.jpg
    Capture2 copy.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 4
Have you tried either rebooting (quick press of the reset button) or a factory reset (long press) the device?

Well, yeah, sort of, since I was the one who started it. I have not gotten much response from this so I am trying all over for it. The guy on this site works with isy99 and he is going to do a remote to fix it for me. Thanks.

Oops, sorry. I found the post, but never really looked at the user's name until just now. Have you tried updating the firmware?

Back