55" TV as monitor troubles

Hi, I have a 55" Panasonic tv that is 720P, yeah its old... I won it, that I would like to use as a computer monitor. We used it previously with a laptop and it auto configured itself to the proper resolution via the hdmi cable. We just got a new gaming platform and now the configuration is all wonky and will not fit to the screen properly.
Any idea how to change the configurations to fit properly?

It kind of depends on if the machine hooked up to it now is using an nVidia or AMD GPU, but most likely it's some sort of overscan/underscan issue. You should be able to adjust that under the driver control panel.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 7450 1GB DDR3 and We have tried to set it up using the graphics card control panel and we cannot get it to be clear.

A 720p resolution on a 55in screen is never going to be clear, it's just about the most un-retina display you can get :p I would not recommend it as a computer monitor...

But if you've got black lines on your screen then you need to change the overscan settings in CCC as LNCPapa mentioned.

Also, sometimes blurriness on some displays can be attributed to the refresh rate. Try lowering (yes, lowering) the refresh rate by a small amount if it's an available option. I have seen some displays go from blurry at 60 Hz to crystal clear at 59 Hz.

2 things I look for on AMD cards. First is to check the TV is not doing any scaling. Second is to make sure in AMD Catalyst Control Center that the Digital Panel scaling options have Overscan set to 0%.

Not sure how to do that on NVIDIA but I'd imagine you want to do something similar.

Back