6600gt artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I recently bought a xpert vision 6600gt 128mb and for the first day it was fine, the next after ten minutes or so i started to get weird things happeing to characters on css and blocks were missing out of them, im pretty sure its over heating but more importantly do you know what item would cool it down, 6600's are renowned for their boiling ability and to be honest i just want to sort it out, games are spoilt after 5 or so minutes :(
thanks
p4 3ghz 1gb 128mb 6600gt 400psu hp t250uk

Can you return it? Does it have a thermal sensor that reports temperature? What's the temperature in your case? It could just be a bad card.

i could return it yes. the avarage temp was about 40 but when playing up to 60 ! im not ure about inside the case though

take the side off your computer and have a fan blow on the card... if the artifacts stop then looks like a heating problem...

sometimes i get chunks out of characters when i play CS:S, i think its the game itself not the card, cos my cards temps are cooshdy... im pretty certain CSS just does that...

a grafics processor becomeing 60 degrees is quite normal.. especially for the Geforce 6 series.. so dont worry about it.. my Geforce 6800 runs really fine even up at 70 degrees..

Thanks guys ! I put a really big fan in the side of the computer and its worked a dream now i decided to put both in a cuboard together (fan and pc) with the door open a bit and a hole up above and it is strolling along. no jagged lines streching from objects anymore. Thanks :) mite see ya on css lol im silent assasin -=666=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back