7600GS Overclocking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!! I just registered here, hoping to get some help. First of all, i would like to apologise for my English, because i come from Greece and it's been a long time since i was able to speak English fluently. Here is the thing: my girlfriend has a 7600GS on her computer, but she wanted some extra power from this card. So, i installed in her pc the RivaTuner. That's exactly where the problems begins. I didn't even overclocked the card, and in all of a sudden the computer was not responding in any of my orders. I tried to set the pc in safe mode, so i can uninstall both the program and the card's drivers, although it may not be that related to the problem. However, the keyboard was not responding in no way. Can somebody tell me what can i do in order to solve thiw problem? Do you thing that if i place an other card might help? I have kept her previous card, an FX5500. I faced also this problem with the same card ( i mean the same chipset), but i managed to set my pc in safe mode, and noy it's working just fine. Please, i am waiting anxiously an answer and i hope you help me with this.

Yes, reinstall the old video card. When you have time, buy your girlfriend a better video card

Thank you my friend for your interest. It's not that easy to buy her a new card, because both her and my motherboard support AGP x8 graphics port. After I place the other card (in order to set the PC in Safe Mode to uninstall the RivaTuner and the graphic drivers), I was thinking to place again her 7600. Do you thing that this might have damged the card? Personaly I don't think so, for the reason I didn't touch the memory and core speed.

Well,
in the very least RivaTuner has corrupted the cards drivers. If the 7600GS still doesn't display properly, it could have been damaged. AGP video cards are still out there

Kali mera. Install the old card. Boot up. Go to start right click on my computer and hit properties. Go to the hardware tab and hit the Device manager button. Double click on display drivers. Go to the driver tab and click on uninstall. Say yes to the prompts. It will want to reboot. DON'T. Go to add remove programs in control panel. Scroll down and uninstall the nvidia driver program and Riva Tuner. Shut down the computer. Take out the old card and reinstall the newer one. Reboot, let it recognize the new card. You might think about installing some older drivers like the 77.72's where the overclock interface is still available in the control window. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back