8500 GT Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

m60dude5

I recently purchased an Nvidia eGe Force 8500GT Grpahics card and a Hanns-G 19" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor. Whenever I first start the computer, I turn on both the monitor and the computer at the same time. I can hear the computer start, and boot into Windows, however, the monitor displays "No Signal, Check Video Cable." I then reboot, and the monitor and card are perfectly fine. Simply put, I have to boot twice to see a picture.
The drivers for the video card and the monitor are both installed and appear to be "talking" to each other.
All cables are securly connected.
The card is seated firmly in the motherboard.
The card is "setup" in the BIOS.
The refresh rate is set to 60.
The resolution is 1440 X 900, however, lowering it doesn't help.
The graphics card works with any other monitor and the monitor works on any other computer.
Since both work, how can I get them to work together? I do not want to continue "booting twice" just for the card to put out a signal. Thank you for any help you can offer.

ya

ya I had the same problem with one of my computers, never figured out the problem. and you said when you plugged in another monitor it works fine?

are you being impatient? what happens if you wait for the no signal message to go - does it just sit there looking back at you?

Maybe the monitor takes longer than normal to initialize. When you reboot and it works the second time, the monitor has been on for awhile. Try turning on the monitor first, wait 30 seconds or longer and then boot the PC and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, for the sake of experimentation try the other output connector on the graphics card if you haven't already.

I am being patient. After I start up, it displays its message and the amber light flashes. I try turning it off and back on, but same story. The only way It will work is if I reboot.

Additional Details

I forgot to mention that I've tried both vga adn dvi connectors. I have also tried turning on the monitor and waiting 30 seconds, however neither works. Thanks for replying though.

You've pretty much eliminated most possible answers and are only left with a malfunctioning monitor. Works fine with another monitor is the solution to the problem. See you knew all along. :)

New Monitor, Same Problem

Ok, my brand new monitor (RMA) showed up just a few moments ago. I plugged it in and the problem is exactly the same. I just don't know? Perhaps it is the video card, but that also works perfectly fine, after I reboot.

If the other monitor does NOT have the problem, then it can't be your card. It could be a defect in the monitor series. or for some odd reason the monitor is not compatible w/ your vid card.

Same Problem

Thanks for all of your replies. The other monitor DOES have the same problem, so maybe as you said, the series is incompatible. I called EVGA support and they rather quickly just said to return it to the store for a new one. So that is what I am going to try. I'll let you know how it works out. If anyone knows of any compatibility issues with a Hanns-G HW191D 19" Flat Panel LCD and a EVGA nVidia 8500 GT Graphics Card please let me know.

By any chance when you installed your new graphics card did you uninstall the old graphics driver before installing a new one? In other words you didn't install one driver over another did you? I'm mainly grasping for straws.

Didn't Get New Card Yet

What you said, is correct, and I did uninstall the old drivers first. But, I haven't gotten the new card yet. I am exchanging it for the same one, today at the store. Thansk for your help.

Problem Solved

I have finally resolved this problem by exchanging the card for a new one.:) I installed it and it works with no problem. This truly was an odd problem since the card worked perfectly fine with other monitors and vice versa. All of you replies were certainly appreciated. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back