8800GS Overclock to TOP 8800gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristo

Hey Guys i was Wondering if i could use the Asus Smart Doctor Utility to overclock my Asus 384MB 8800gs to the Top Edition speeds. I was wondering if i do the exact same speeds will it overheat?

Does ne1 have a TOP edition one, if so wat temperature do you get while running Crysis On High, No AA, 1680x1050 res.

I Changed the speeds and when i was running Crysis and i was monitoring the temperature it hit 59 degrees normally i would get less than that.

What i have:
Normal 8800gs clock speeds
Engine:550 MHZ
Memory: 1600MHZ
Shader: 1375 MHZ

What i want to have:
TOP edition 8800gs
Engine:600 MHZ
Memory: 1800 MHZ
Shader: 1700MHZ

Thanx Heaps appreciate it

I have a XFX Alpha Dog. It will run Crysis at 740/1834/1042. I use Rivatuner. You may be able to run the fan at 100% using Rivatuner too. My 8800gs just runs the fan at 100% all the time anyway. It is loud but cool. Remember 90c is fine for G92.

Thanx man Just one more question
I have service pack three installed via a slipstream disk which i borrowed and i can't uninstall via add or remove programs becuase it's not there how do i remove it withcout losing all my settings?
I dont' want to wipe the whole thing again because i didn't configure the wireless settings and i don't want to reintall all my games and software.

What do i do?

lol 90C is not fine at all, most cards will make your pc shut down if they get anywhere near that hot.

No 90c is fine. That is where BFG set BIOS for my 8800gt's fan to kick in. A lot of 8800 run that hot.

Most graphics cards run above 70C.

First thing you gotta learn is: being too hot for your hands to handle, doesn't mean its too hot. So what if its 100C, some graphic cards are designed to handle above boiling temps.

However, knowing the very maximum your chip should run would be a problem. I've tried looking up those specs, but apparently nVidia keeps such information locked up (can someone find those white papers?). However, we can only extrapolate the fact that 90C is fine due to the fan, which is automatically controlled, doesn't run 100% until it reaches much higher temps....

Someone wanna burn some cards to find out what temps you shouldn't be running them at? XD

CMH, when I hit the lottery, I will be glad to! In fact, I will send anyone who does it a free <insert great graphics card of the time this happens here> straight to their house!

No, seriously though, I don't like mine going above 60C, and its just a 6200 (AGP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back