8800GTX Water Cooled 60 Degrees Idling? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omar5575

Basically iv had this rig for quite a while now (4-5 months), and i put it away during exams, but then i bought it back down and cleared the dust with a really strong fan, so there is like no dust in it, but my even with the water system its idling at around 60 degrees! before it was around 45, and yes everything is in properly, any suggestions on maintainence of the water system? Its a Thermaltake Bigwater 530i and on games its going to around 70-75! Any Suggestions? Thanks!

is it possible that the coolant was weak to begin with, and sitting stagnant for a time has resulted in organic material accumulating?

Hey thanks for your inputs! but i found the problem, it was weird but basically the coolant in the resevoir had actually evaporated and the coolant was at a low level, so i topped it up, not only is it extremely quiet now but im idling at 48degrees MAX at a low fan speed (at the radiator), it was a werid one but now that its all topped up with water (yes i know its not coolant or distilled but nevermind!) it should be good! I also moved the radiator fans around so that i got more effective air into them! But thanks again for your inputs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back