A dumb question from a noob to pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you need new RAM that will match the new motherboard. DDR2 is 240-pin, so you need 240 pin RAM.

I'd recommend a C2D if you're willing to spend that much for a processor, Pentium D's just cant match up buck for buck.

That's an awesome motherboard.

The best processor for your board would probably be this or this. However, as you probably were not planning to spend that much, I'd get this. The only decent processors for that board are the Core 2 Duos; I probably wouldn't consider the Pentium Ds as the Core 2 Duos perform better for the same or cheaper prices.

For RAM, I'd get something like this.

Regards :)

sweet thanks. alot more then i though i would be spending wonder if it would be cheaper to buy a whole new rig thatwill run the same.

I'd recommend not buying an Alienware or Dell, cuz it's actually cheaper to build your own. The last processor I recommended is a bit high end; try this or this instead.

That RAM is sort of high end too; try this instead.

Regards :)

kitty500cat said:
I'd recommend not buying an Alienware or Dell,

i agree 100% but will also add that its not just a money issue. Dell is known 2 be under par in quality, i have a tech mate who works for dell, problem after problem he tells me. Every1 who works for em just rips on how cheap and unreliable their comps are apparently. Custom is definetly the way 2 go. especially now that parts aer crazy cheap! And if you are unable 2 put it together urself... if is very cheap 2 get someone 2 do it for ya! (@ cpl in melbourne Aust, under 50 i think! man i love that shop!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back