A Geek's Garage Part 2: Revenge of the Garage

Justin

A few months ago I had my garage all nice and pretty. I used it as a shop and it was the perfect nerdzone. I could build in there all day, test stuff in there all day, and sell stuff in there all day, without having to leave.

Eventually, I outgrew it. The amount of hardware I had exceeded how much I could store in my garage and I started putting stuff into my second room, which is now my shop.

The bad part about this was I left the garage a horrible disaster that depressed me every time I looked into it.

Somehow, someway, in a galaxy far far away, my girlfriend actually CLEANED IT UP FOR ME.

Behold, the geeks garage part 2:

http://caff.viper007bond.com/souls_garage/

SO, the big question:

WHO HERE HAS THE BIGGEST MESS?

AND

How do you manage to keep your sanity amongst hardware?

Maybe you should buy your girlfriend a big bunch of flowers or something. She`s done a wonderful job lol.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Yes, get that girl something special, she is a keeper. 99% of women would just scowl at you twice a day re. the mess in the garage. She actually cleaned it AND organized as well. What are you thinking man, at least a nice restaurant for dinner. Pizza Hut maybe? LOL

It looks a 100% better after she cleaned it up. Is that a stack of motherboards in that one picture, man you've got a few.

All that work and credit and not a single picture of you girlfriend, come on now.

Just kidding.

Think you can send her by my place to clean up some of my computer junk?

Where do you get all that stuff, ive been thinking about taking abandoned PCs from skips, removing the stuff that works, and biulding new pcs to sell, is that what you did

Finchy said:
Where do you get all that stuff, ive been thinking about taking abandoned PCs from skips, removing the stuff that works, and biulding new pcs to sell, is that what you did

Here and there. Some purchased, some donated, some aquired, some from companies, et cetera.

I did find that it's illegal for state-funded nonprofits (like community colleges, high schools, etc) to give you equipment for free.

hey thats a bloody nice setup there.
You mind if i come and "borrow" some stuff, just for a little "while".
ROFL.
Im pretty sure its not illegal here for schools etc. to give away the old comps for free. Me and my friends are gonna get some without paying since they are upgrading the language lab. pity they are crap, but we gonna try sell em for like $25.

Sell them as 'work' computers. wipe the hard drive so theres no leftover crap (if possible, it requires re-installation of windows, and im not sure how you can clear off all the crap without rermoving windows) and youll make some money, when a computers marketed as good for working, it raises no eyebrows if its rubbish.

Back