A new member needing help with firefox !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I'm very keen on computers but only use mine for my own entertainment and not in a professional way.I will try to get involved in the forums as long as they are not too complicated.

I do have a problem at the moment when using yahoo mail on firefox.When I open an email the buttons i.e "delete" "reply" "forward" "spam" and "move" are all in the wrong place usually much lower than they should be, interferring with the email.Everything works fine on internet explorer. Can anyone help me to eradicate the problem?
I have tried re-insalling firefox without success.

Go to Add and Remove programs in the control panel and remove the Yahoo and Google Toolbars. Then remove Mozilla Firefox, then reboot, and install Firefox 2.0.0.4 all over again.

Then I would use RegClean or something similar to get rid of all reminants... then spend a lot of time searching with spyware and malware scans. Firefox is just not difficult software for most of us.

It could be that the site is not fully compatible with Firefox. With Opera, which I'm using now, I come across a few sites that aren't fully compatible. Firefox is more widely used than Opera, so there probably aren't as many incompatible sites; but there still may be some. Try using Internet Explorer for your Yahoo Mail.

BTW, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Regards :)

trouble with using yahoo mail in firefox

thank you to all the people who suggested answers to my problem.I have now sorted it out by uninstalling firefox, cleaning the registry , deleting all firefox files manually and then re-installing firefox.It now works fine

We appreciate your taking the time to update us

no problem ,although I am quite a novice I will do my best to participate in the forums

raybay said:
We appreciate your taking the time to update us.

I agree, most people that find solutions to there own problems post: "thx anyway I found the answer, bye!" lol :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back