A problem with all browsers on Vista

Hi, I have a problem with pretty much all browsers on my computer. I am using at the moment IE 8, but I have tried the latest versions of Google Chrome and Safari. I have also tried this with Firefox a long time ago. The problem is that at some point while using my computer, the browser being used simply freezes and becomes unresponsive, with the exception of IE which becomes really slow instead or crashes.

If I close the browser, its processes are still running according to the task manager, and I cannot end it. I select "end process," but nothing happens. If I try to re-open the browser, it will simply freeze before the homepage is even loaded. IE eventually loads, but Chrome and Safari don't. I thought at first that this might have something to do with extensions, but I had absolutely non enabled on Chrome, and the browser still crashed.

Also, turning off or logging off takes a lot of time. I've had this problem for a while, but I just lived with it. At one point(after doing some major uninstallations of unused software on my ocmputer), IE started crashing too often so I system restore-ed my pc and now, I am here asking for assistance. I have AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, but it has not detected anything.

let's deal with the issue of crashing first.

get a command prompt and enter runas /user:administrator eventvwr.msc
you will need the admin password

there are at least 4 logs; start by dbl-clicking on System and scroll down to find the ERROR events.
Pick the first one, dbl-click on it, click the little document icon just below the DOWN arrow.
This will place the data into the clipbook. Reopen this thread, reply and PASTE the event data.
Do this for three events (not duplicates please). Will look at these and stablize the system before
moving on.

1) I entered runas /user:administrator eventvwr.msc in the command prompt, but at the point where it asks me for the password, whatever I type does not appear. Clicking enter gives me the following:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Mohd>runas /user:administrator eventvwr.msc
Enter the password for administrator:
Attempting to start eventvwr.msc as user "MOHD-PC\administrator" ...
RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - eventvwr.msc
1326: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
C:\Users\Mohd>runas /user:administrator eventvwr.msc
Enter the password for administrator:

2) When you say System, are you referring to the one in System and Maintenance in the Control Panel? If so, I could not find the ERROR events.

use Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Event Viewer
when it opens, you will see System, Security & Applications.
click System

event.gif
This is where I am at, where do I go from here?

Back