A question for Broni or Tmagic650 regarding rootkits

learninmypc

I've noticed the newest version of M-bam has an option to scan for rootkits
M-bam scan for rootkits.JPG
& in scans Broni has requested
Mbar anti rootkit.JPG
Although the one in M-bam takes longer, are they basically the same thing? TIA :)

Yes , Accept. A stand a lone one dose better. When cleaning a computer that is highly infected. Least wise it has always for me.

Not really saying that. Malwarebytes -Anti- Malware is a great program. Even for scanning for rootkits. I just prefer to use some stand alone programs such as TDSSkiller. When working with a highly infected computer. Both programs do the same thing. As with any cleaner. One might find something the other did not.

Not really saying that. Malwarebytes -Anti- Malware is a great program. Even for scanning for rootkits. I just prefer to use some stand alone programs such as TDSSkiller. When working with a highly infected computer. Both programs do the same thing. As with any cleaner. One might find something the other did not.
Ok, I guess I should of elaborated a bit. Are the resulting scans from TDSSkiller easy to read & understand for a partial novice? I'm probably confusing myself too much now. :)

Back