A question on psu readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolish

I don't know to much about volt readings on PSUs, i'm sure there are users here that are an expert on this field. I had my very first bsod in years just a few mins ago upon boot so i decided to check on my psu since that was the most recently installed component on my pc. Its a rocketfish 700w. So far been using it for a couple of months. I used asus pc probe to check and see the voltages and some readings do seem a bit high. I understand that there is a 10% threshold for each one, so was wondering if anyone can tell me if everything seems okay according to the pic on the bottom, thx for any info:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/aryustailm/readings.jpg

EDIT: nothing is overclocked.. everything is at stock

I personally wouldn't trust anything other than a multimeter to measure rail voltages. If you have to use a program, don't use a single one, use multiple apps like SiSoft Sandra, Everest Home Edition and SpeedFan, to check if all are reporting the same temps as ASUS's utility. Chances are, there will be differences in the readings between all the programs, but it will give you a rough idea of how stable the rails are and if any of them are overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back