A6-3400M: Overclocking, allocating more VRAM?

oldikes

Since the "turboboost" crap is complete garbage, (thing never goes up from 1.4 to 2.3) i thought i would set it to manually go up to 2.3. I had it working at 2.3 at 1.4125 (MIGHT have been lower...), but it bluescreened after a little while in MW3. And it was getting warm rather fast.
So I was wondering what a good voltage would be for 2.3 GHz (because the 1.3 to 2.3 raised dolphin emulation from 50% speed to 80% speed, which is playable).
I dont want too much heat as I understand that while laptops are designed to get hotter too much heat can prove fatal, and this being a new laptop and all, i want it to last as long as possible. At 1.4, it gets warm, but never too hot to touch.
Also, i upgraded to 6GB of ram, and was wondering if I could change the 512 MB allocated to the chips 6520g graphics card to 2 GB. is that possible?

Thanks!

But the chip is designed to "turbo boost" to 2.3 GHz whenever it decides it needs to, it just never decides it needs to. so im just trying to get it there itself

The microprocessor runs at 1.4 GHz, although the new Turbo core feature can boost this frequency to 2.3 GHz when some cores are non-operational. Basically it is temporarily "ramping" the CPU to 2.3GHZ.

which i want it to do, because it NEVER ramps it up to 2.3, i want to set it to do that more often, i just need to know what a safe voltage is.

Turbo Boost settings are controlled from within the Bios. When you start up your computer read the bottom and hit whatever button it says to get into "bios" or "setup" in the bios you should see a setting for Intel Turbo Boost just follow the on-screen guide to turn it to on and then exit saving settings.

First off, it's an AMD APU, so it wouldn't be Intel Turbo Boost .. ... Second, I have the A6-3400 overclocked to 2.1GHz at 1.05V, and boosting to 3.2 at 1.3625V .. ... Use K10Stat or FusionTweaker .. ... Google it .. ...

First off, it's an AMD APU, so it wouldn't be Intel Turbo Boost .. ... Second, I have the A6-3400 overclocked to 2.1GHz at 1.05V, and boosting to 3.2 at 1.3625V .. ... Use K10Stat or FusionTweaker .. ... Google it .. ...
You can overclock that mobile processor??? I did not know they were unlocked in some way for overclocking without hacking, interesting, how do you handle that heat in your laptop though?

Software overclocking is possible. I ran it up to a 2.3/2.5 ghz situation but that was only an attempt to emulate gamecube. It ran gamecube at 90% but also ran up to 95 C. :p

I have long sense gotten rid of this laptop though. Got a much cheaper one and used the difference to fix up my PC a little. :D

I now have it at 2.3 @ 1.1v and turned Boost off, and my temps are around 90c at full load .. ... The max temp of the A6-3400M is 100c so as long as I give it a break after a few hours, it works fine .. ... This is my gaming klocks, so I'm going to set another profile within k10stat to undervolt for battery life, and another to have everyday use, whixh should be able to handle 2.5+ sinse it won't be full load .. ...

Back