A8N-SLI Deluxe + WD SATA Raptor + 2 IDE Drive (questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an A8N-SLI Deluxe plus the drives on the subject of this thread. My problem is that my SATA Drive is my main drive but when I put the IDE drives in, my computer tries to boot them first (regardless of my bios settings for boot order). Am I missing something? By the way, the reason this is a problem is because the IDE drives actually try to boot since they have both been system drives at one point. ( have not formatted them because I have not been able to back them up yet). Anyways, I just want to be able to boot from my SATA Drive without having to push F8 to tell my computer which drive to boot from.

Had a similar problem w/ my A8N SLI Deluxe. On the same BIOS page that you made the boot order on there is another category a little further down marked Hard Drives. Go in there and tell it which of the Hard Drives to boot from first (I think you use the plus and minus signs to move the order in this category). System will boot right up. It always defaults to the newest drive in the HDD boot order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back