Able to connect to internet with one network, but not another

Hi,

I am having challenges connecting to the internet through one wifi network, but I can connect no problem using another.

I live in a condo complex where there is an open wifi network available, and I also have a wifi modem connected for my own network.

Up until a few days ago I was able to connect through both networks with no problems, but recently I have been unable to access the internet or any web based apps through the open network, but when I switch networks I can connect through any internet program. Also when I am unable to access the internet through this network the connection is showing that it is at 100% and shows plenty of activity in the "link Status" and Site Monitor. At first I thought it was a problem with the network, but in speaking to others in the community I have confirmed they are not experiencing the same.

I have not changed any settings on my lab top or changed any hardware.

I have run a diagnostic on my connection when connected to the problematic network and have determined that the "Radio", "Association", "Authentication", "Local IP address", and "Gateway IP Ping" are all functioning properly, but the "Internet IP Ping" is failing. I have come to the conclusion that this is related to obtaining an IP address for the internet somehow, but I am stumped on how to correct this.

Thanks.

Have you spoken to the people that maintain the condo WiFi? They may be able to help you with this

Back