Able to run Skyrim on ultra?

Hey Techspot! I was wondering if you could do a little analysis and let me know if I'm going to be able to run Skyrim on ultra graphics with the rig I'm using now. Here it is:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
Total available graphics memory: 4837 MB
Dedicated graphics memory: 2048 MB

Let me know if you need any other info! Thanks for your help!

Very nice spec, brand new laptop im guessing? there are no official benchmarks out for skyrim yet but you have a very very good chance to run it on ultra, even if you drop it to high to get complete smooth FPS it will still look as good so wouldn't stress

I hope you can, but, I'm not sure. If it ends up being super CPU dependent (or maybe even ram dependent) then maybe not. But it's going to be all speculation. I hope it can. If so, mine might come close :D

well the engine they used to create skyrim is much more graphic dependent so i wouldn't think so

The specs have been posted over on Bethesda's blog and I'd imagine any decent gaming desktop could handle the game just fine. Not sure about all laptops on Ultra, but the one above shouldn't have issues imo.

Recommended Specs

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • 4GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD space
  • DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation

Minimum Specs

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
  • 2GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD Space
  • Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation

the I7 will handle it fine, just not sure how the graphics card on the laptop compared to desktop graphic cards

Back