Access and Customize Windows 7's Extended Context Menu

Julio Franco

Staff member
With Windows 7 pushed out to the masses, it's only a matter of time before the Web is flooded with all sorts of nifty tips and tricks as the inquisitive and tech savvy have their way with Microsoft's latest operating system. To get the ball rolling, we're going to show you how to access Windows 7's extended context menu, as well as how to edit, add, and remove items from it.

This week's tip: Access and Customize Windows 7's Extended Context Menu
https://www.techspot.com/guides/210-edit-windows-extended-context-menu/

Just ran across this great tip. This will definitely help out in getting rid of the extra cruft that builds up in the context menu. Thanks.

That's very nice, but I am looking for a way to customize the extended "send to" context menu. Neither ShellMenuView or ShellExView can do the trick.

I use keyboard shortcuts and "send to" a lot. Rightclicking with the keyboard is shift+F10, but unfortunately that's the same as shift rightclick so I am stuck with the extended "send to" (that I can't find out how to customize) when I want the normal "send to", that I can customize.

So: Does anybody know how to customize the extended "send to" or how to normal-rightclick with the keyboard, then you could make my life a lot easier.

Thanks ia advance.

Ole K

No function - "Once you open the program, you'll immediately be faced with dozens of entries " - where? , showed almost no

I wanted to use this to delete unnecessary entries by WinRAR but couldn't find any on the list. In the end I opened WinRAR's options and found Context Menu extensions.

OMG I am a Microsoft Employee from last 4 years and never came across this Great tip #Shame

The Send To menu can be edited by typing shell:sendto in the search bar and pressing enter. You can then place shortcuts to any file/folder/drive or even application.

Back