Acer Iconia Tab A100 gets price, release date in the U.K.

Jos

Staff

Acer is continuing its tablet offensive with the upcoming release of the Iconia Tab A100, a 7-inch device powered by Nvidia's Tegra 2 dual-core chip and Google's Android 3.0 "Honeycomb". The tablet went up for pre-order today in Amazon's UK store priced at £299.99 ($485), which gets you a 1024 x 600 touchscreen, 512MB of RAM, 8GB of flash storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI-out, front- and rear-facing cameras, and around 5 hours of battery life.

Amazon also listed two other Iconia Tabs: the A101 and A500. The first is a 3G variant of the A100 Tab mentioned above with identical specs save for a 3G radio chip, which will cost you an extra £100 compared to the Wi-Fi only model. The latter features a 10.1-inch display and is also available in 3G and Wi-Fi variants, for £449 and £529 respectively, packing a dual-core Tegra 2 chip along 1GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Honeycomb.

All of the new Iconia Tabs are scheduled for a release on April 20. Feature-wise the 7-inch Iconia doesn't seem like a bad deal if you're looking for an Android tablet; the WiFi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab costs the same but runs Froyo, while Dell’s Streak 7 packs 3G for the same price but also lacks Honeycomb and comes with a lower resolution screen.

Permalink to story.

The day I purchase a tablet can't even be seen. By then they'll be given away at hospitals with Birth certificates. I'm glad to see price drops fueled by the competition.

MIsprint in AD 8gb HDD :confused: ..Should be 8gb Flash storage. Since there isnt a Hard drive in it. Price is good.. But would pass for now too.:rolleyes:

...looks ok, waiting for toshiba tablet tho...have used the xoom. its nice but i'm not a motorola fan. the tegra 2 chip smokes...honeycomb is wonderful

Back