Acer Laptop problems turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallflower89

ok i have an Acer Aspire 3680 Series Laptop. I am having trouble turning it on, yesterday i went to the local library in the town i'm visting for the holidays cause they have WIFI, my computer worked fine, i couldn't get on a web page cause it was BLocked (whole nother irritation) i used a proxy (hectoresp) and it wasn't blocked surprisingly. but i couldn't get the web page i wanted to work, to actuly work, so i shut my computer down and head for my ride (was picked up). i get in the front passenger seat and accedently bump my laptop (in its carringcase *a padded Vera Bradley Messenger bag*) on the dash board becasue the seat is so close to the dash board. i get it home and it turns on fine the fan kicks in and u here the tell-tale wirhing of the laptop. but my screen is BLACK. nothing works i have checked my brightness on the screen, and clicked every combination of keys i could think of.. NOTHING.I even thought my battery was dead so i pluged it in.. still nothing. is my laptop fried? what do i do??? i don't know much about computers but i kno that when u turn it on its supposed to show up on the screen lol. any help that could be given is greatly appreciated and i will try anyting to fix it.

i am sorry i wrote so much but i like explaining things out, adn btw im on a Dell Dimension 2200 at my uncles and its soooo slow......
again thanks for the help (if there is any to be given)

sounds like you knocked your video strip or cable. It will have to be reseated. It's internal and if you're not comfortable messing with a laptop's innards take it to a shop.

darn..... ok i wsa hoping to avoid that but i know im not qualified to do anything with it . i will take ti to a shope as soon as i get home...

I would do the easiest thing, reseat the memory modules usually on the base of the laptop. Reseat/remove hard drive, optical drive, wireless card if present. Remove battery and hold down the power on button for 30 secs.

Its a process of elimination, do one by one then do a power on test a couple of times for at least 30 secs.

Test memory modules. Test in each slot 1 by 1.

srry it took so long i actually forgot you had put that up there and that day i was on here l0l.. thanks for the help:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back