Acer recalls overheating notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

If you bought an Acer laptop in the past year and have noticed that it is toastier than you'd expect, it may not be just your imagination. Acer has recently issued a recall notice for a handful of their Aspire models, warning people that a few versions of the laptops have issues with overheating. In this case, five different models of the Aspire are affected. Acer has pieced together a site where you can submit the serial number of your laptop to see if you are affected, in which case Acer presumably replaces it.

It isn't just a casual overheating issue they are worried about, which is common enough among many types of laptops. In this case, it seems the overheating can actually result in physical damage to the chassis of the laptop and even cause it to become deformed. That's hot -- and the built-in microphone cable is to blame. Acer's fix appears to be a replacement of said cable, though not much more detail is available.

Permalink to story.

Microphone cable? You've got to be kidding me. Just another reason I'am reluctant to purchase Acer products.

It's interesting and sa news. I noticed similiar thing on acer-emachines brand E525/E725 based notebook when i pressure keyboard somewhere on tab (above secondary hd-sub15 output) suddenly upper part of screen gets weird error lines like gpu send compressed data direct to scren (fuzzy bar stripes starting from left) and once the whole screen lost coherency

Hi,
I want to buy a Acer E525 and I'm worried abouth the overheating and if it does than it may demage the motherboard. Any advice or some other problems this laptop may has???
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back