Acer unveils world's first G-Sync monitor with an IPS panel

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Acer at CES has unveiled a new monitor that brings together a set of features that many have been clamoring for in a G-Sync enabled display.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/59285-acer-unveils-world-first-g-sync-monitor-ips.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Wow, first monitor I've seen for a while that would be a worthy upgrade.... hopefully it's under $400 though.

Still getting along with my 24" 1080 ASUS TN panel, does the job good enough for me.

G

Its actually a AHVA monitor. Similar to IPS. But not the same. Still awesome.

Skidmarksdeluxe

Nah. It'll be too expensive for my taste besides TN and 1080p is still more than good enough for games as far as I'm concerned.

Puiu

Meh. A gimmick to make them more expensive. Just add DP 1.3 to them and be done with that g-sync nonsense. make nvidia support freesync.

hahahanoobs

Meh. A gimmick to make them more expensive. Just add DP 1.3 to them and be done with that g-sync nonsense. make nvidia support freesync.
Translation:
nVIDIA should spend money developing high end products I can actually afford, so I don't make myself look silly calling their products gimmicks when 9.9 out of 10 people that have actually got to spend time with G-Sync say otherwise!

Puiu

Translation:
nVIDIA should spend money developing high end products I can actually afford, so I don't make myself look silly calling their products gimmicks when 9.9 out of 10 people that have actually got to spend time with G-Sync say otherwise!
it's not about if it works or not. it's about the fact that it's an extra that is not needed anymore. it did it's job. similar to mantle from AMD. it should be easy for nvidia to enable freesync on future products.