Activation troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Sam

alright i recently installed a new mobo for my mommy and i reinstalled windows. so i try to log on and i gotta activate. only problem is i dont have an internet connection cause i hant installed the mobo drivers or the network card. is there anyway that i can get the drivers installed w/o logging on or bypassing the lockage of my logging on privilages so i can activate?

im a paranoid individual so i dont want to call. i dont trust anyone who records anything i say. then again, i suppose this is considered recorded... ****.

When you say you reinstalled Windows, did you format the hard drive first?

If not this may be the cause of your problems.

If you did format, then I suggest you phone Microsoft.

Regards Howard :)

use phone option to activate and if it is legal copy and the automated sys does not work stay on line you will get a human
if oem you can cry to operator they may give you one more shot
most oem's must have same MB to comply
best to tell that it is same when asked
oem clause sucks

its not oem, and no its not a fresh install. i used the reinstall option when u run setup and it detects a version of windows already on the drive. ive done this before with new mobos and i've never had this problem. idk how legal the key is cause my moms friend gave her the computer a few years back (now hes almost blind from diabetes so i dont think he can give me the key even if i asked) with os already installed, and like i said im paranoid so i dotn trust that microsoft wont swarm my house or start tracking me or some ****. i guess ill just back everything up and reformat, or take my meds, unless somenoe has any better ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back