Active X or whatever it's called...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolath

Hey ppl,
I was recently browsing the web, and ended up on one of the f***** websites with like 50000 popups. One of which was GAIN, and every time I am greeted with all the popups I click no obviously, however, just because I am a worrying sod, and i'm probably just imagining it, I think I may have clicked yes on one of the popups. I probably didn't it's just it stopped asking after I clicked and the installation box dosn't appear when I return back to the site. I checked with PC Pitstop, and it didn't detect anything, Norton is running and seems ok, and I've looked in Downloaded Program Files folder in WINDOWS, and there is nothing new or unusual there. So did I click yes atall?
Are ALL installation popups which you click yes on, shown up in the downloaded programs folder?
I'm worried.... As usualll.....

There is absolutely no way of knowing what an ActiveX control does with your system. You should most definently run a spyware scan on your system. And make sure you have disabled unsigned ActiveX.

Yes but once again there all freeware with limited options...
I always use Ad Aware, il try all of them. Will they detect the installation programs that pop up, that theres a possibility of clicking yes to? Will they detect the program that may be installed if you click yes?

They will detect known spyware already installed. If you buy Ad-Aware, it will install a resident scanner that blocks spyware before it installs.

Originally posted by Aolath
Yes but once again there all freeware with limited options...
I always use Ad Aware, il try all of them. Will they detect the installation programs that pop up, that theres a possibility of clicking yes to? Will they detect the program that may be installed if you click yes?

Spyware Blaster prevents what you just said... popups that want to install. It's free and its worth more than buying ad-aware.

However, if you'd like to support ad-aware, that would be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back