Add users to domain controller server

bigwat

My server is a domain controller thus i cannot add users with admin rights and so i cannot use lusrmgr.msc to add or change... i've added the user i want =active directory>users> and added the user and set it to admin..but when loged onto does not have the admin rights... learned that this was becuiase it was a domain controller

Correct, the DC admin has the keys to the kingdom and can create a user-id with/without admin privs.

Unless the admin is your very best friend, I would expect exactly what you are reporting.

Highly recommend you purchase MS books on Microsoft Server (whatever version you are using: 2000, 2003, 2008)

Another thing....hope am not a bother but we are here to learn and help one another...

ah we have a software and we have to share it from the server and then create shortcuts on each client so that the user can use it is there any other way we can add the shortcuts than doing it manually

i.e. network places>entire network>domain> sever>shared software> adding shortcut to desktop...

bigwat;1144594 ah we have a software and we have to share it from the server and then create shortcuts on each client so that the user can use it is there any other way we can add the shortcuts than doing it manually [/quote said:
sure would be neat; Linux can script this as
ln -s theRealObject theLink
but this aint Linux
i.e. network places>entire network>domain> sever>shared software> adding shortcut to desktop...
focus on where the Desktop is located;
\documents and settings\{userLoginName}\desktop​
you would need to create new shortcut for each $system$\{userLoginName}

A better choice is to mandate specific mapped drive letters:
map sever>shared software as S: (for shared software)
and this can be done via a login script from the server.

Back