Advent 5302 1 year old laptop, won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

It seems this is a common problem with laptops judging by this forum, but I have not found an answer that seems to relate to my problem.

All started when the battery life slowly reduced from around an hour ( a month ago) to 20 minutes, then 5 minutes (a week ago) until now when you turn it on there is nothing on the screen but the power light turns green as does the battery light, it sounds as if it is booting up, then it turns off, the battery light turns orange... then it repeats the cycle and the lights turn green again. We can also here some slight 'clicking' when this happens.

We bought a new power lead about a month ago so I am pretty sure this is still working becuase there is a light on the power supply.

We have also tried removing the battery and just running the laptop from the adapter, but this does nothing.

We also bought a new battery as it seemed to make sense that the battery might be at fault becuase of the reduced battery life... but this has done nothing.

Any ideas would be greatly apreciated as I have a large premier project on the laptop which I need to finish in the next two weeks.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Something wrong inside that case. Check your battery connectors very carefully to make sure they are not out of position when the battery is installed. Then check all your wiring under the keyboard... You will have to remove the keyboard, then unplug and reseat every cable.

Thanks Anasazi. I have had to take it in to a shop to be fixed as I desperately need it sorted this week. Will let you know how I get on.

It turns out it is the motherboard. Can you believe it, the laptop is just 18months old. Never by an Advent laptop from PC world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back