Advertisement on Origin briefly mentions Battlefield 4 beta

Shawn Knight

Staff member

It’s no secret that Battlefield 4 is already in the works as it’s one of the most popular franchises in recent memory. EA president Frank Gibeau even confirmed its existence during a speech at the University of Southern California late last year but nothing else solid has materialized until this past weekend when a NeoGAF member spotted an advertisement mentioning the game.

The advertisement in question was for Medal of Honor: Warfighter, the upcoming sequel to 2010’s Medal of Honor series reboot. As seen in the screenshot below, anyone that pre-orders Warfighter will receive exclusive access to the Battlefield 4 beta. The offer is similar to one that EA ran in 2010 to promote MoH Limited Edition where early buyers could gain access to the Battlefield 3 beta.

origin battlefield ea call of duty battlefield 4 beta

The ad was promptly yanked from Origin but it seems the cat may have already been let out of the bag. According to VG24/7, the official Battlefield Twitter account responded by saying that if it wasn’t on Battlefield.com then it isn’t official. That post was later deleted.

As for the $69.99 price tag, we understand that this is for the Digital Deluxe Edition and there will still be a regular version priced at $59.99. It remains unclear if the BF4 beta access will only be available to those pre-ordering the more expensive title or when we might see an official announcement from EA or the Battlefield team.

Permalink to story.

I am totally burned out on all these war fps set in the middle east. At first they were very engaging but after the 20th rendition of the same game I have had enough. I am ready for something new, and original.

Haha lets see if they will get such massive sales again after they screwed us over with BF3.

Looks like all the modern "big" gaming companies think its fine to release games thats not fun for the players at all and then just ignore the complaints. (here's looking at you blizzard)

I seriously doubt they will get much from releasing BF4 soo early, BF3 is way to good and I doubt people will want to buy the same game with slightly better graphics again...

I didn't care for the FOV in the latest MOH... hopefully this is better along with the respawn points.

I was about to flip crap when seeing the picture for $70...I thought this was gonna be one of those moves to increase the price of all new games. Phew.

Thats a great idea, get people to buy a crappy multiplayer FPS so they get access to a good one.

I seriously doubt they will get much from releasing BF4 soo early, BF3 is way to good and I doubt people will want to buy the same game with slightly better graphics again...

I do agree to an extent.

I foresee BF4 to be out by late 2014 or early mid 2015 which is plenty of time for this.

Unless there is alot of change and not some rehash (using new frostbite engine etc....) il be staying with BF3.

I think D3, Minecraft, BF3, possibly Shootmania and CSGO and of course GTA 5 will keep me busy as well as real life matters so I can wait another 5 year before I really start looking for something new ....

No MMOs really that caught my eye, GW2/SWTOR nothing hardcore so gotta wait ...

I'll totally get another BF game if it looks like they've actually changed something in it. I love what they got going right now, but it'll still have to be something different to justify buying a whole new game. Luckily I already had MOH pre ordered.

BF3 is the best. I'm almost 600 hours in and still loving it. I don't want BF4 to come next year, but ~Q2 2014 is fine with me.

Battlefield 3 was fun at first but became boring quickly - I played maybe 30 hours multiplayer. Somehow Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta has been holding my attention. I've now logged over 400 hours into the CSGO Beta. I guess I enjoy games with a large gap in player skill. Games that you can't just hop into and be instantly good, you need to learn how to control the recoil, listen to enemies footsteps, how to best position yourself, etc.

I really don't see them releasing a whole new game for a while, I remember during an early interview before BF3 that they were intending on BF3 to have a very long life cycle. And considering the game now after all of the patches they finally released, I feel like BF3 is a whole new game.

I would be really dissapointed if such a great company like Dice, started shoveling out games like COD. BF3 is ideal, now run with it for a while, let people get tired of it.

Great that comes RIGHT after the Premium campaign to rob us of money before they bring the new game out

Love you EA

I just had this popup when I logged into Origin.
originpic.PNG

Obviously it's not going to be the same BF3 we know now on new Frostbite - it's DICE we're talking about here, and it wouldn't make any sense. I don't know where I heard it, read it, or maybe I dreamt it, but DICE could be working on BF 2142 sequel. Now that would be awesome.

Back