After Windows 7 update, no boot, can't access Bios

Anlavabeed

After just fixing a laptop from my neightbour, all of a sudden my own pc isn't working at all.

There was a big(?) Windows 7 update and I clicked on rebooting. The pc never booted. The screen was staying black, led monitor was orange, nothing. No startup beebs, nothing.
Fans are working though, MB led is green.

I manually restarted the pc several times but I can't even access Bios. NumLock key on the keyboard isn't responding either! I guess a corrupted BIOS?

My system:
Asus P7H55-M/USB3
iCore 3 1156 530
6GB DDR Memory
Crucial SSD M500 240GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Geforce EN210

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Can you clear the bios by pulling the button battery and then try booting? Some motherboards have dual-bios and you can restore a back up bios if you are lucky

Thanks. I have already done that, it didn't work. I have ordered a new Bios chip and will replace the old one.

Hi Tmagic,

I installed the new chip, it booted (it took longer than normal), I got a window that Windows wanted to check the memory. But I tried a reboot first to set the Bios to its default settings by hitting Del, also to adjust some settings.

But after that: the same problem! Is something corrupting the Bios?

Try clearing the cmos on the board. This may set the bios to default for you. Then try booting the PC.

I have done that also, even before I booted after replacing the chip. I have taken out the battery and changed the jumper for a longer time (several hours), maybe that will help.

This may work. But I have a feeling. The bios was not the problem from the start. It may very well be the mainboard it self.

Microsoft said some of their last updates could cause that. Thas was why I disabled my automatic updates. You should download a free linux distro and run it live on your computer, that way you can recover your old windows files and then install it again.

Hope it helps, Good luck

Microsoft said some of their last updates could cause that. Thas was why I disabled my automatic updates. You should download a free linux distro and run it live on your computer, that way you can recover your old windows files and then install it again.

Hope it helps, Good luck

Doubt he will be able to install anything. The said computer will not boot.

Back