Ahh, the Weather

AMDIsTheBest010

hey everybody:

dont you hate the weather? I know I do. i've been looking for the thanksgiving day forcast, on 5 different weather station websites. first, the 3 local stations: Channel 7 WHIO-TV, Channel 2 WDTN-DT, Channel 22/45 ABC22/Fox45. and now the national stations: The Weather Channel, Accuweather. they all say different things, i dont know who to believe. heres there forcasts:

Channel 7 WHIO-TV: 51 degrees

Channel 2 WDTN-DT: 59 degrees

Channel 22/45 ABC22/FOX45: 49 degrees

The Weather Channel: 44 degrees

Accuweather: 46 degrees.

...AMD

ahh, the weather changes once again.

we've been experiencing Indian Summer for the past week here in Ohio, getting above 60 degrees 7 days in a row! now we've got a nasty storm moving in late tommorow afternoon into evening that will drop our temperatuers from about 65 in the late afternoon, to about 40 degrees over a period of 3-4 hours. the temperatures will start out at 40 degrees friday morning, but drop thru-out the day to a bitter cold 28 degrees, while winds gust at 45-50MPH! saturday and sunday, the tmps will top out at 34 and 35 while moday tops out at 29.

...AMD

Already happening/happened here. Yesterday we set a record high of 71. Right now it is 28 (or was half an hour ago) and dropping. Sleet/Rain is falling outside, icing up things. Unfortunately it looks like there is going to be a slight pause in the rain/sleet in about half an hour, and then when it comes back it will be all snow. I say unfortunately because that means I'll have to be at work all day because the roads won't be bad enough to go home early.

I'm in the 6"-12" of snow range, but my prediction from a couple days ago was less than 3". A current look at the radar though indicates I might be wrong, heavy stuff is going to come in from Oklahoma.

60F here! I love the winter, and I hope it will snow soon! We usually get 1-2 massive storms per year (with at least 2-3 feet of snow). Three years ago, we hit a week long period of negative weather (typically around -5F in the morning and around (I think) -1F - 0F in the afternoon (We also had a lot of wind being on Massachusetts' North Shore making the wind chill around -20F to -25F). Happy Holidays!!!! :unch:

Most of you guys have it good. I live in the Netherlands. Most days it rains here and the temp doesn't come above 14 C. Like in California we don't have the sun most of the time. Most of the time it is cloudy.

SNGX1275 said:
Already happening/happened here. Yesterday we set a record high of 71. Right now it is 28 (or was half an hour ago) and dropping. Sleet/Rain is falling outside, icing up things. Unfortunately it looks like there is going to be a slight pause in the rain/sleet in about half an hour, and then when it comes back it will be all snow. I say unfortunately because that means I'll have to be at work all day because the roads won't be bad enough to go home early.

I'm in the 6"-12" of snow range, but my prediction from a couple days ago was less than 3". A current look at the radar though indicates I might be wrong, heavy stuff is going to come in from Oklahoma.

I was supposed to go to Sedalia this weekend, but the show I was going for got cancelled cuz of the weather! How much snow are you up to by now?

PuterGeekGirl said:
I was supposed to go to Sedalia this weekend, but the show I was going for got cancelled cuz of the weather! How much snow are you up to by now?

No telling how much we got, its all blown around, so some places have about half an inch on top of a frozen layer of sleet thats about 2" thick, some places are much deeper from drifts. I think Sedalia may have gotten more.

I didn't have work today, the roads around here are too bad, the one in front of my apt is apparently not going to get cleared. That is going to make it real bad for the upcomming days, already there is about 4" of compacted snow/sleet/slush that is going to freeze solid tonight. Not supposed to get above freezing tomorrow.

I've just got a 2wd Ranger, the back end on that thing is so light I might not be able to go anywhere until back to work on Monday.

Last night, the temp dropped down to about 21F, which is about average for December in Ohio, im also a fan of snow, so i was relieved when this storm came through and dropped our temps back down to about normal. i dont know how much longer i could have dealt with that peroid of 60+ temps.

...AMD

Frankly, I like it cold. Which, I suppose, is why I live in Boston... :)

Anyways, it was about 15 degrees and snowing yesterday morning, but New England weather being what it is, tomorrow it's supposed to hit 50. You know what they say, if you don't like the weather, wait a sec... it'll change.

MarcFOnline said:
Frankly, I like it cold. Which, I suppose, is why I live in Boston... :)

Anyways, it was about 15 degrees and snowing yesterday morning, but New England weather being what it is, tomorrow it's supposed to hit 50. You know what they say, if you don't like the weather, wait a sec... it'll change.

My town on the North Shore received about an inch of snow in about 1 hour on Friday. What's the forecast anyway? It went from 20F on Friday to about 50F on Sunday! As Lewis Black says, "I experienced five seasons in four days in Boston". He's the greatest comedian!

Hahahahaha... I love Lewis Black. He definitely got it right.

And heck yeah, the North Shore's the place to live!! I've been a North Shore resident for 13 years now, and let's just say I've seen a little bit of everything from the weather. It's cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, but this is also where storms hit first... gotta love the coastal stuff.

MarcFOnline said:
Hahahahaha... I love Lewis Black. He definitely got it right.

And heck yeah, the North Shore's the place to live!! I've been a North Shore resident for 13 years now, and let's just say I've seen a little bit of everything from the weather. It's cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, but this is also where storms hit first... gotta love the coastal stuff.

I live on a hill about a mile from the Ocean, and it gets COLD!!!!! During the blizzard three years ago, the front of my house had about five feet of snow, while the back of my driveway to the west (not subjected to the wind) got a dusting. I could not open my front door, and they did not plow until mid-day (the storm hit the night before). I had no classes for 4 days; so yeah, we get hit badly :cool: !

Tedster said:
We got rain here in Baghdad yesterday.

I can just imagine the weather there year long. Is it really as hot as people say it is?

cfitzarl said:
I can just imagine the weather there year long. Is it really as hot as people say it is?

Hot in the summer and cold in winter

When I was there during the summer it reached 150. Is that hot enough for you?

Back