Alienware m17x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my Alienware M17X in about 3 months now, about 1 week after i got it i started to get blue screen problems. I have changed to Windows 7 and still got alot of blue screen problems, and it often happens when i play games etc.

I also have problems with getting messages about programs that stopped working etc...

This is getting quite annoying and i have called the suport 3-4 times and they havent found any ways to fix it :/

And each time i call they want to try something new instead of letting me send it in for a repair :S

I doubt its windows 7 that sucks, its that brick of an alien hardware you payed too much for(pun). If your laptop is locking up it could be a heat issue, if its bsods it could be a memory problem.

I will never buy an Alien ware. Friend bought a laptop from them. Ran hot enough to burn your hand if you help it infront of the exhaust vent. Huge over heating problems. Sent it back to them several times. They kept saying "oh that's with operating specs" even tho it was getting hot enough to deform the plastic. In the end he was out about $2600 for a door stop.

See what was done is mid range parts were put in the laptop, and then alien ware over clocked the hell outa them, and with no extra cooling, and added 60% to the price of the same laptop with nothing overclocked. Aline ware is just not worth it.

Build yourself a custom computer, or find a repeatable local shop to build one for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back