All games except WoW crash computer

Hello, I'm new here and have signed up and posted after a few days of frustration (this has been happening for at least a few weeks, I just haven't been able to do anything about it until I just got fed up and scoured the internet). 95% of what I read on the internet says that it must be an overheating problem. But I can play wow for 20 hours straight if I wanted and it wouldn't crash my computer. Then I looked at the details in the "The system has recovered from a serious error" report, googled some of them, and was led to this site. I will list the error reports, and what info I can about my system. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I'm such a noob and desperately need help. I've also noticed a few other strange things, such as some programs (itunes, adobe flash player, ect.) not being able to be installed, and windows updater seems to have completely dissapeared. Whether this is related, or otherwise, I'm not sure but thought it may be helpful.

Error Signature: BCCode : 1000007f, BCP1: 0000000D, BCP2: 00000000, BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000, OSVer: 5_1_2600, SP: 2_0, Product: 256_1

When I click "To view technical information about the error report" it shows
C:\DOCUME~1\Alex\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5f74.dir00\Mini051703-09.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Alex\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5f74.dir00\sysdata.xml
Incase that helps at all.

System Details: Compaq Presario SR1000Z
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6600
2.17 GHz, 2.0 GB ram

Anything else that I can add, please let me know. Thank you SO much in advance to any responses!

With all due respect. the PC you are trying to game on is a dinosaur. to avoid frustration & to be able to play current games, you need to think about replacing that rig.

With all due respect. the PC you are trying to game on is a dinosaur. to avoid frustration & to be able to play current games, you need to think about replacing that rig.

He is asking for help on fixing his computer. I am sure he is aware that it needs a upgrade. We need to help him before jumping to "upgrading". Good suggestion though.

Back