All sorts of BSOD's in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have gotten 7 separate types of BSOD's today, and had a few others in the last few days. Went out of town last weekend and when I came home, the blue screens won't go away. It's to the point where I can't even boot into Safe Mode. I was barely able to log in long enough earlier today to get the dumps onto a flash drive.

In order, the blue screens today were:
1: IRQL Not Less or Equal
2: PFN List Corrupt
3: System Service Exception
4: Memory Management
5: Page Fault in Non-Paged Area
6: PFN List Corrupt
7: Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

I attached two zip files, the larger one contains all of the dumps from today, the other contains 3 dumps from the last few days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 031110-24304-01.zip
    177.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 030910-24086-01.zip
    63.6 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like it could be a malware attack since there are so many, but I'm more inclined to blame buggy drivers or even bad RAM. What version of 7 are you running and what are your complete system specifications?

* Oops! I was writing this while EXCellR8 had already answered!

Upon reading your symptoms and the type of error codes you listed it was a strong case for memory corruption. 0x4E errors are especially one of the strongest indicators of bad RAM

Your minindumps are specifically citing memory corruption as the cause. So you need to run Memtest on your memory. This is completely safe and free and the good thing about it is it enagages right after boot-up long before the Windows load screen.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

The standard rul (and it is a good, solid one) is to let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

However, if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can stop the test and then run the test per stick to see which ones need to be replaced.

If you any have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Thanks! I will run Memtest shortly (have to download a program that will create a bootable CD and get back with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back