All the tests for direct 3d device are succesful, but

Status
Not open for further replies.

angellie

When i'm tryping to open RCT3, i get a "failed to create D3D device" error message. I have a SiS 650-651-M650-740 video card. Microsoft game advisor says i have the best comp possible for this game, and yet it won't work...
What do i have to change to make it work?

Thank you

first of all check you have the latest version of drivers and direct x and opengl with you,then try reinstalling the game.

good luck

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Click start run and type dxdiag check which version of DirectX you are running then click the display tab and run the direct draw and direct 3d tests. Make sure that direct draw acceleration direct 3d acceleration and direct agp texture acceleration are all enabled

After you have run the above tests post back with the results and which version of DirectX you are using.

It may be that a new graphics card is in order as a lot of todays games require a much more powerful card than the one you currently have.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

P.S please will you fill in your complete system specs in your user profile at the top of the page(click on edit profile)

I did those tests like a million and a half times in the last 2 days and they are always successful and all enabled. This is what it gives me

Machine name: CICERO-SNSC6YGU
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: GBT___
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 480MB RAM
Page File: 179MB used, 943MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: /PackageInstall
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D7 Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D8 Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D9 Test Result: All tests were successful.

Microsoft game advisor still says my comp is top notch :confused:

World of Warcraft works perfectly well too...

well there doesnt seem to be anything wrong in your post.it might be the game itself,reinstall it and try to get hold of a different copy if you can from someone.by the way how much memory does you card have?

My card has 32.0 MB ( I think, im not really sure where to look for that stuff...)

By the way, I just tried installing it on my dads comp, and it gives me the same thing.......

well then there youm go,if yourdad comp has a different video card and specs. there is the proof that something wrong with the game itself,try and get adifferent copy of the game itself.is the game in a cd or dvd???.

well i wouldnt suggest you get ahead of yourself.first thing that i would tell you to do is find out where the problem actually lise -in the game ,in you card, in your cpu or your ram.since you dont have a very popular card its hard to find out its issues.like i told you earlier try the game on someone elses sytem instead of your dad's like you said earlier to get an idea where the problem lies.it might turn out that you go ahead and buy a flashy new video card for 100$ upwards only to find that the problem was with something else.

I know i'm bugging the hell out of everybody, but plz bare with me...

So i went to get a new copy and it still says the "failed to create 3D device" error message...

the thing is I don't know where the problem is cuz WoW works and the requirements are 64 MB 3D graphics with 4 GB HD and RCT3 aska for a 32 MB card with 600 MB HD, and it doesnt work

Plus all the DxDiag tests are succesful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back